"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sarah's 3!!

I know I am a little late in posting this, but better late than never right?!

The morning of Sarah's birthday I told her it was time to comb her hair. As soon as she heard that she went and hid under the blanket because she didn't want to get her hair combed. To celebrate we went bowling. When we got to the bowling alley they were doing galactic bowling. It's where they turn out all the lights and you bowl by black light with loud music. I was glad to hear the loud music because that meant it would drown out all of my kids' screaming! Yay me!!
Daniel liked the loud music and really danced around while waiting for his turn to bowl--crazy kid!


Of course you can't go anywhere without someone having a meltdown. I asked Sarah to sit down and it appears that is not what she wanted to do right then. She threw herself to the ground and started crying. Can I mention again how thankful I was for the LOUD music to drown out her wailing?!Afterward we went out to dinner at McDonalds. After feeding an army (at least that's what it feels like after our family blew through 100 nuggets, some fries and a few hangaburgers) we were ready for the birthday cupcakes. Sarah had no problem blowing out her three candles--she must get all that hot air from her dad ;).Judging by her face I think the cupcakes were a hit.After dinner and cupcakes we came home and let her open her presents.She was excited to come and show me her new fancy pretty pretties (jewelry) and her fancy dress up shoes.She even got a tea set. Unfortunately for me I didn't read closely on the box that the tea set was actually porcelain. By the next morning half the tea set had been broken. I thought everyone knew that all kids' toys should be made of non breakable material!!!Sarah's interview:

Favorite book: any book anyone will read to her.


Favorite food: most anything. She especially loves fruits and veggies, but I have to limit them unless I want to go through a case of diapers in a day--if you know what I mean!


Favorite activity: Playing with her brothers. Whatever Daniel does she has to do it, too. She also seems to love mischief making. If that were a talent it would be her greatest one!


Favorite color: I think I have successfully brainwashed her into believing pink is the most awesome color. That's what happens when you are the only daughter!!


Favorite friend: Bethy


Sarah is a daredevil and is not afraid of most things. She has recently started speaking and her vocabulary has increased a ton. She loves to snuggle and give kweezes (squeezes) and kisses. She is a go getter and we love her a ton. I am so glad to have her around. She keeps things very interesting and keeps me on my toes even though she is only three! Love you a ton Sarah and happy birthday!

No comments: