What a crazy week we have had!! Thursday I took Daniel to soccer while Aaron was at home with everyone else. During the middle of Daniel's soccer game Aaron called me to say Sarah had been jumping on her bed and fell face first into Noah's crib. She had a horrible bloody nose, a mouth full of blood and her two front teeth were now loose. Awesome! Luckily, at our rent house our neighbor happens to be the pediatric dental hygienist at our kids' dental office. We took Sarah over to her to see what she had to say. She took a peek and said her teeth weren't too bad, but we definitely would need to take her in for X-rays in the morning to make sure. Here is what poor Sarah looked like when I got home from soccer:
She was curled up in Aaron's arms getting lubs (loves) with her baby and blanket--poor girl! I must add the picture doesn't do her huge fat lip justice!! In my looking around I also saw she had tore that skin flappy thing that connects your top lip to your gums. Ouch!! The next morning the pediatric dentist squoze us in. Sarah had to get X-rays and then get checked out by the dentist.
The dentist didn't find anything too bad, but we have a follow up appointment in two weeks. Now we just sit and wait to see if the teeth will turn brown and die. If they don't that's wonderful, if they do she will have to get them pulled. I am keeping my fingers crossed she will be able to keep her teeth!! No more monkeys jumping on the bed--that's for sure!!
Thursday morning was one of Daniel's semi annual visits to the allergist. During the spring visit is when he gets the skin prick test on his back for his allergies. During the fall visit is when he has to get his blood drawn for a test called the Immunocap which is another test to see how allergic he is to different foods. We are waiting to hear back on the test results, but everything else looked great with his growth and lung function. Yay!! I am glad to finally get his asthma under control and keep it under control!! Daniel, as like anyone else, HATES getting his blood drawn. However, the lab rewarded him nicely with quite a few stickers and suckers. You can see all the stickers all over his shirt. He even got to pick what color of bandage he got to wear over his owie which was light blue. When Sarah saw all of Daniel's loot she screamed until she got her own stash of suckers and stickers, too. What a crazy (but smart) kid!! Noah was just happy to be along for the ride.
To celebrate our last summer hurrah we headed up to the cabin for Labor Day weekend. We had lots of fun roasting marshmallows. The kids had even more fun seeing how far they could spread the sticky roasted marshmallows which ended up on shirts, shorts, blankets, hair, face and ears. Of course my kids don't have the patience to roast a good marshmallow and so a few of them caught on fire and burned. We did have to help them a few times to get the perfect roasted marshmallow. Here's Aaron helping Matthew out:
Here is Daniel enjoying his sticky treat:
Sarah didn't want to roast the marshmallows. She just wanted to walk around with a few on the end of her stick. When you tried to help her she would just scream and run away. She also would only eat her marshmallows right off her stick. Heaven help you if you tried to take her marshmallows off her stick!! That girl has one good set of lungs on her is all I can say!!
While we were up there Noah was quite the opportunist!! Noah would go around and stand right next to anyone who was eating anything. He would sit and give them his puppy dog eyes until he got a taste of whatever they were eating. He earned the title of Chief Moocher with good reason! Once the food was gone so was Noah. Here Noah was helping Grandpa T out with his morning cereal:
The boys were way excited to ride on the four wheeler. Once Sarah saw all of them get their turns she went over to make sure she got a turn, too. She doesn't like loud noises, but I guess she figured if it was good enough for her brothers it was good enough for her and crawled right on the four wheeler. She looks so small sitting on top of it!
Daniel was a slave driver and made Grandma T go outside to pull weeds. Daniel helped a little bit, but after a few minutes he assumed the position of manager and liked to point out all weeds to Grandma T that needed to be pulled. What a big help that was--thanks Daniel--and yes I am being sarcastic!
We had a fun visit to the cabin. While we were there we made numerous visits to Dairy Keen in Heber. It is a fast food place that basically serves heart attacks on a bun. They are delicious, but it will take me a few weeks to work off the few pounds that only took a few days to put on. Funny how that works isn't it?! Doh!! I can't believe summer is waning so fast! The temperature is certainly cooling off!! One morning at about 10am it was only 48 degrees. Brrrrrrrr!! However, I am not too terribly upset since I love the cool fall weather and the big bulky warm clothes that come with it!!
Noah has mastered the art of walking for the most part. Just look past the bruises on his head from all the headers he has done into the walls and furniture. It's hard being a toddler! Anyway, he is also turning into quite the climber! He can climb onto the couch, ottoman and train/toy table. He likes to crawl on top of the train table and look out the window:
Much to the boys' chagrin he also likes to crawl on top of the toy table while they are practicing the piano and push the piano keys, too. The boys hate it, but Noah loves it. What do you do?! What a crazy boy!!
Since we don't have a walk in pantry anymore there is no place to close up the garbage can. Noah has had a field day with this too. Whenever the trash can gets full enough he wanders over and starts pulling the trash out and spreading it everywhere. His favorite things to find are the empty soda cans. He pulls those out and sucks on them trying to get every last tiny drop out of the cans. Here he is with a can. Don't let his innocent look fool you!! He knows that is a no no, but he feigns innocence and ignorance--the stinker!!
I spend most of my days trying to keep the house clean, but with kids like him it is nearly impossible to keep it picked up!! He also likes to feed himself. He doesn't like you to feed him anymore. I gave him a slice of pizza the other day for dinner and judging from the picture do you think he liked it? I would say YES!! What a mess! He didn't understand why I wouldn't pick him up from his high chair before I cleaned him off. Boy was he mad as I wiped him down before I got him out of his high chair!!
The other day Daniel was carrying Noah around with him. That's when I noticed how much they look alike!! It is crazy!
Not only has Noah mastered walking he has also figured out how to do stairs for the most part. He has taken a few tumbles, but he is doing good for the most part. Now when I tell the kids to go out and get in the car he is right behind them sliding down the stairs. He is getting so big!
Lastly Sarah has learned playing the "Give me Five" game. Her favorite part is when you break the pickle as you can tell by her giggles. She is so cute if I do say so myself!! I love my kiddos!

1 comment:
I can't believe how big Noah is getting! Time flies, doesn't it? I hope Sarah's teeth are ok. How's the house coming along?
Post a Comment