Yesterday was a beautiful day so I took Josh and Daniel on a walk and to the park. We were only outside for a couple of hours, honest. Well since my skin is so fair and it has been a long winter without much sun exposure, I got fried!! My arms, legs, neck and nose are pretty bad. The kids didn't get too much which I am glad for. I guess I need to find our sunscreen, but I won't need it for a couple more days since it SNOWED today!! Someday Spring will come at least I keep telling myself. Matthew is doing the sign for cold showing the snow we got today.
Yesterday was Josh's five year old pediatrician's appointment. He is doing great. He is still off the growth chart for height as he is a head taller than everyone else his age. I am glad he didn't get the Terry gene--Daniel on the other hand... He even had to pee in a cup. He thought it was weird, but took it in stride. He got a couple shots and a finger prick, but he won't let me take the band aids off. I guess he views them as his badge of courage. He is showing his band aid on his finger.
The other day I painted my toenails. I don't do that very often so Matthew, Josh and Daniel were very interested. All during church they kept touching my toes--I don't know if it was to see if it rubs off or they were just fascinated by it. I need to start getting used to doing girly things if I am going to have a girl!!
I broke out my old Sphygmomanometer (blood pressure cuff). I like to use big words just so I don't feel like it has been so long since I have been in school. In our ward we are having a career fair for the young women. They asked me to talk a little about being a nurse and how to become one. If I had time I would teach them how to do blood pressures. I had to get it out anyway to start doing blood pressure checks on myself to make sure I am still within normal limits. Hopefully I can make it interesting--I guess we will see.
The other day I was playing with Daniel and we were labeling body parts. I pointed to his elbow and asked what's that? He looked at me and said, "It's my buffalo." I started laughing, but he was completely serious. A little while later I asked him again and got the same answer. I never knew; I have called it an elbow all these years :).

1 comment:
sphymomanometer...say that 10 times fast! Good to know you're still getting the occasional nurse experience, though with your boys it's more than occasional!
Post a Comment