"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Not As Innocent As She Looks

Sarah is turning into a girl who knows what she wants and won't settle for anything less. She has very recently decided she will NOT take a pacifier anymore. Also, I went to the store yesterday and while I was gone Aaron tried to feed her a bottle which made her MAD and caused her to scream even louder. That prompted a quick call from Aaron to me telling me to get home ASAP!! I guess she has now decided she will not take a bottle anymore, either. This may cause some problems since I am an avid Black Friday shopper. I either have to take her with me bundled up in the front pack (which she HATES--also I hate to subject her to such viciousness of Black Friday morning), leave her home and let Aaron deal with her screaming all morning starting at 3 am to whenever I get home, don't go shopping this year, or send Aaron out to do my shopping bidding. Oh decisions...WHAT A STINKER!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

But just remember how cute she is:)

Johanna said...

You can't abandon me...

Cami said...

Well, Dave is going out for me this year! :) Maybe Aaron could go with him!

That is about the age Dawson decided bottles weren't for him either. My pediatrician told me to leave him with Dave for a whole day (at least 6 hours) and he would eventually take a bottle. So we did that, he screamed a lot, but after 5 hours took the bottle and never had another problem :) Maybe black friday will be the day for Aaron!

Carlee Hoopes said...

Oh man. Maggie did the same thing at like 4 months. I couldn't get her to take a bottle until she was 9 months. It's amazing how they can make their minds up at such young ages.

I'm going to Black Friday, but at 5:00 a.m. You're nuts! :)

Jeff n Jill said...

but what a cute sparkly flower she has on!