"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Poor Daniel

Daniel has had a runny nose for about a week. I didn't think much more about it until he started in a with a fever Sunday night. He was really whiny and you could tell he didn't feel so great. Monday was much of the same. He followed me around the whole house with his blanky, sucking his thumb, needing wuvs (loves) and crying all day long. I decided to take him to the doctor Monday night which was a good thing. He had a really bad ear infection to the point his ear drum was about to burst. The doctor said don't be surprised if it did--poor kid. I had lost my otoscope so I couldn't take a look at home, but I wasn't that great at spotting ear infections anyway. He ended up getting some antibiotics last night after a really bad experience at the pharmacy--which is another story in itself. We are hoping he will feel better soon. This picture is pretty much what he looked like all day.

My friend and I started scrapbooking again after taking a long break over the summer...and I guess part of the fall as well. I am rusty after taking such a long break! I am thinking of starting digital scrapbooking, but don't know where to start. I have a lot to catch up on scrapbook wise, but it was nice to have some adult conversation for a little while during the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Daniel is sick. Hope he gets feeling better soon.

Susan said...

That's too bad Daniel is sick! Nothing makes you more tired than a new little baby and a sick little boy!

I just started digital scrapbooking and I LOVE it!! I know of a few places that have paper and embellishment "freebies" - let me know if you need the sites and I will email them to you. Good luck!!

bamatamb said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my digital scrapbook program! It is called Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 4.0, and it's wonderful. You can do everything from scratch if you're feeling creative, or you can choose from thousands of templates if you're not very creative (this is what I do! :) You're welcome to check mine out before you buy, if you want. :) Michonne