Noah has now perfected the Go Go Gadget Arms move. Any mealtime he eats with our family you have to make sure nothing is anywhere near him or else he will grab it and spill it. You can see half the table at lunchtime was free and clear of anything Noah could reach--and let me tell you he has quite a reach radius, too!!:Alas, I have been working on losing the last 20 pounds of baby weight for over a year now. During the middle of my pregnancy with Noah I couldn't wear my wedding rings anymore because they didn't fit. Unfortunately, after I had Noah they still didn't fit and they still don't fit right now--Dang baby weight!! I didn't want to get my rings re sized because, dangit, I will lose the baby weight...eventually. It bothered Aaron that I couldn't wear my rings, so, until I can fit into my real rings again I decided to buy a cheap, fake replacement to wear.
Too bad it TURNED MY FINGER GREEN!!! Stupid Bling rings! I guess that gives me even more incentive to lose those extra 20 pounds since I don't like having green fingers.
Sarah is turning into a fashionista. She has discovered she can get herself dressed and, boy, what clothes combinations she picks out. Tuesday I laid her down for nap time and as I left her room I told her, "Night, Night." She must have took me literally because when I picked her up from her nap she had changed into some mismatched pajamas. Yesterday during nap time she took off all her clothes and tried to put on two shirts. She got really upset when she couldn't get them to go quite right. I didn't know what look she was going for so I couldn't help her either. She was pretty mad.
She got so frustrated that no one could help her fix her outfit she knelt down by the ottoman and put her head in her hands. It's tough being 2 years old!
Yesterday I told the boys to clean up the family room before they went to bed. After they were in bed I noticed the ottoman was out of place. I thought to myself, "What an odd place to put the ottoman--right in front of the toy kitchen?!"
I moved it back to it's usual place and noticed it was put in that odd place for a reason. There was a huge pile of sand underneath it. Someone had emptied the sand out of their shoes onto the carpet and tried to hide it by putting the ottoman over it. Nice try boys--like I wouldn't see that huge pile of sand!
Geez, my kids bring home more sand in their shoes every time we go to the park. I wonder how much they have to refill the sand at the playground since so much of it gets TRACKED INTO MY HOUSE!! Thank goodness for vacuums!!
And last but not least I got a call this morning at 6:30 am. Never a good sign to get a call so early in the morning. I woke right up and answered the phone. That's when Aaron sheepishly tells me that in trying to back out of the driveway, he tried to maneuver the truck around the garbage cans and ended up running into the HUGE electrical box which moved it off it's base. AWESOME!! Who knows maybe Aaron was inspired by our 4th of July events and has a secret desire to really become a demolition derby driver. He was calling to make sure we still had power to our house and that he hadn't taken out the power to the neighborhood. He sighed with relief when I answered the phone which showed him we still had power. As for the electrical box, Rocky Mountain Power came out later and pushed it back into place. Now we get to wait and see if they will charge us for a service visit. Don't you hate it when really big inanimate objects jump right out in front of you while you are driving?! At least there was only a small dent in that tank of a truck. I told him next time it would be easier just to get out of the truck and MOVE the garbage cans instead of trying to do some fancy demolition driving to get out of the driveway. I am sure the neighborhood would agree since I don't think they would like their power taken out by some demolition derby driver trying to get out of his driveway!!

1 comment:
I love the picture of Sarah's sad face! I know she's upset, but it is a precious picture! :)
Post a Comment