Friday Matthew and Josh had cub scout day camp. They were so excited to go. I think they look handsome in their uniforms.
Last year Aaron ran the Clinton City 5K. Ever since then Josh has said he wanted to run it the following year. Aaron, even though he wasn't in too good of shape, he went and signed Josh and himself up to run it. When he got home from signing up Josh informed him that he wanted to run with Mom instead of Dad. Aaron was more than happy to give into Josh's request. I, however, was not in the best of shape, but how can I say no to Josh. Saturday morning we were at the race bright and early--check in was at 6 am!! I am proud to say we ran the race and finished and we weren't even in last place--which is awesome!! I am proud that Josh did so well!! Aaron was awesome and got all the kids up and ready to go at 6 am so they could be there to cheer us on at the end. It was so nice to see them at the end! While they were all waiting for us to finish they got to watch a bunch of people cross the finish line. During this time one man was running all alone and was about to cross the finish line when Daniel yelled, "COME ON, YOU CAN RUN FASTER THAN THAT!!" Aaron was a little embarrassed, well a lot embarrassed, but what can you do? One more thing it is good we only have one girl because Aaron is very afraid to comb her hair. Saturday morning he didn't even want to try and comb it so poor Sarah had bed head until I was able to comb her hair after the race. Good thing she doesn't care. Here's the nice bed head:
Afterward we went to the parade. Our candy stock was getting dangerously low so of course we had to go. Good thing we have four almost five (since Noah is almost mobile, but not quite yet) really good candy gatherers! I love the small town parades!! Matthew kind of sticks out with his quirkiness in everything he does. However, in doing so a lot of people get to know him. During the parade I can't tell you how many people yelled, "Hi Matthew!!" That made my day. Matthew, of course, didn't respond back, but it still gave me warm fuzzies even if Matthew seemed like he didn't care.
Of course I have to take a picture of the ambulance Sarah and I had the nice opportunity to ride in almost three years ago. I am sure the EMT got to see a lot more of me than they ever wanted to after accidentally birthing Sarah at home.
About half way through the parade Sarah was done gathering candy. She sat down on the curb and decided to eat the candy instead of pick it up. I couldn't get her back up again, either. Crazy stubborn girl!
In keeping things exciting later on that Saturday we found that a whole gallon of white paint got smashed open and spilled on the garage floor. We didn't discover the wet paint until Aaron had picked up the package of bottled water and put it inside the car. He then wiped his hands on his shorts and noticed he had wiped a big smear of wet white paint on his shorts, too. He went and looked in the back of the car to find the bottom of the bottled water was saturated in wet paint and had smeared onto the inside of the car, DOH!! We went back to find 2 forty pound bags of salt had been put on top of the paint can which smashed it and caused it to leak all the paint on everything around it. What a mess!! We cleaned up the worst of it and are waiting for the rest of it to dry before we can clean up any more. Dang!!
This week was our city's annual celebration. We love it and participated in what we could. Thursday night we had a house showing so after cleaning we headed down to look at the classic car show with all the kids. After looking at all the classic restored cars we went to sit down on the park bench because the people weren't done looking at our house, yet. That's when Josh asked me when the cars were going to start crashing in to each other. I was confused and told him they aren't going to crash into each other. He said he thought we were going to a car show. I finally understood that he thought we were going to another demolition derby. He was sorely disappointed to find we were only here to look at the classic cars and not to see them crash into each other. Funny kid!

No comments:
Post a Comment