"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Friday, August 26, 2011

This Old House

Before we left the house for the last time I had to get some pictures! We had to get a picture in the bathroom where we met Sarah for the very first time. This house address is on Sarah's birth certificate as her place of birth. Aaron is also listed as the birth attendant. I still can't believe that happened in this tiny little bathroom of all places!!Here it is with no people in it and you can really see how tiny that bathroom is!!

Here is the front room window where we all got to watch for Matthew's bus to come every morning.
Aaron got to do his first tile job in the master bathroom. What a learning experience!When we poured the cement pad for the sheds out back we had the kids all put their hand prints in the wet cement. We, of course, hadn't even thought about having Noah yet. Their hands look so tiny!When we moved in we didn't have any flowers. We also didn't have much money either. However, when I was pretty pregnant with Daniel I found some tulip bulbs on clearance at the store. I bought them, brought them home and planted them. It was a very cold and stormy day in September, but the bulbs needed to be planted. I was out there on my hands and knees 34 weeks pregnant trying to plant them. I finally got all the bulbs planted and ended up having Daniel a week later after getting pre-eclampsia. At least the next spring we had some beautiful tulips come up. Every time I looked at those tulips I thought about when they were planted and how they are as old as Daniel. I loved to see them every spring.I was sad to leave behind the swing set Grandpa T built. The kids had so much fun playing on it.Grandpa T also helped Aaron build some much needed shelves in the garage. We will miss those for sure!!I was sad to leave behind the murals on the walls. That was some blood, sweat and tears in getting them painted. Too bad they can't come with us!! We found some clearance cupboards at Lowes one day while we were there. We picked them up for cheap and Aaron hung them for me. It was so nice to have cupboards in my laundry room!When we moved in we were so excited to finally have a walk in closet!The master bedroom wasn't too big, but it was nice to have a master bedroom for us!Here's the boys' bathroom upstairs:Matthew's room. While living here, Matthew stayed in here, then it was Josh's room. Then it was Josh and Daniel's room. Then all three boys shared the room for a bit.I was so excited to finally be able to paint a bedroom pink once we found out Sarah was coming along.After all the furniture was moved out everything looked so empty! Here's the empty living room:The empty family room:We had to pose for one last family picture on our house. So much happened while we lived here. It was really sad saying goodbye for the last time!! Hopefully the next house (not the rental house) will provide as many good memories as this house did!

2 comments:

KiLee said...

Good luck with your move! I love the house you've had & I'm sure you'll have lots of fun creating new memories in your new house!! I really love the murals you did - those are awesome & someday (when we have a house) you will have to come & help me do that! :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with everything.. It's still weird to drive past our old house and see other people there. I'm sure it will be the same for you!