"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Friday, April 20, 2012

Egg Hunt, Coloring Eggs With No Anaphylaxis, Whoops, Handsome

Yesterday Aaron had to meet with some people at work which meant he had to dress up in more than just jeans.  He wore his khaki pants all day.  When he got home he changed out of them into something more comfortable only to realize his khaki pants had a huge rip in the bum.  He had worn the ripped pants all day not knowing that he was giving anyone and everyone a sweet show!!  When he showed me I couldn't stop laughing.  I wonder what the people at work think....I am also hoping that he wasn't wearing his underwear with holes in as well...hahahahahaha--poor guy!  Here's the hole in his pants that was big enough he could put four fingers through it:
Josh finally got to pick up his glasses Saturday.  In the space of 24 hours of even having them he'd lost them a few times.  Lucky for him he found them again.  Here he is sporting his new look:
When we got his glasses we made sure we got the warranty that goes along with them, however, you can only use the warranty if you have all or part of the glasses.  It won't work if the glasses are lost.  DOH!!  That's why I was understandably upset when he couldn't find his glasses AT ALL Tuesday.  He had to go all day at school on Tuesday without them because we couldn't find them.  Lucky for him, Aaron found them that afternoon under all his sheets in his bed.  WHAT?!?  What a crazy kid!

I was at the store the other day down the party aisle looking for a gift bag.  Next thing I know I turned around and saw that Sarah had pulled a pinata from the shelf and was trying to ride it like a horse.  What you can't see in the picture is the front legs are bending from being sat on by an almost 4 year old little girl.  Good thing she didn't break it because I didn't want to buy it!!!  Giddy up!!


Sarah has really been into picking out her own outfits lately.  Some of them have really been some humdingers such as this one:
You gotta love the tutu with pajama top matched perfectly with her glass slippers and bed head.  What a crazy girl!

This year we did make it to the City's egg hunt, however, with all our kids being different ages, Aaron and I had to divide and conquer.  I got Noah and Sarah while Aaron got the three older boys.  For some reason Noah woke up on the WRONG side of the bed--or the floor because that is what he seems to prefer sleeping on for some strange reason.  He just wanted to cry all morning long.  Here's what I was dealing with right when they rang the starting bell--the little turd!
Sarah was pretty happy to be there, however, she did get upset at first when I told her she had to wait to pick up the eggs until it had started.  Once it did start she got right into her groove.
The boys did pretty well.  Daniel of course had to mug for the camera.  He is the only one looking at the camera while everyone else was picking up eggs.

After the egg hunt we were meeting G&G T over at Chuck E. Cheeses for a family birthday party for Josh and Noah.  Since Noah had gotten his cake a few days before, we only had a cake for Josh.  I like to try and decorate their cakes with something they like every year.  This year it was Angry Birds.  I took a picture of the cake just in case it got dropped and ruined like Daniel's last birthday cake. Luckily, it didn't.

When we got to Chuck E. Cheeses Noah was still an unhappy little guy.  However, I turned my back for one second and he got a hold of the salt shaker and dumped it out all over the floor.  That at least made him happy---before I took it away.
After a quick bite of pizza he didn't brighten up a bit and allow me to sit him on a few of the rides.
It was a good thing we got there as soon as it opened and had four adults with us because it took all of us to keep track of all 5 kids!

It is a sad day for Matthew.  He LOVES all the kiddie rides, but alas, he is getting way to big to fit into all of them, but he stilled tried anyway.  This one is his favorite, but it creaked popped and groaned the whole time he rode it.



Opening up the presents--I think Josh liked what he got.
Here's the cake:
Noah liked what he got for a few minutes until he realized he wasn't crying anymore and started crying again.
Everyone tried to fit on this ride all at once.  It didn't work out so well.
Afterward we ran a few errands and then came home.  That's when I attempted to color Easter eggs with the kids.  We have never colored Easter eggs before because I have been afraid for Daniel since he is allergic to them.  I prepared everything and, thankfully, we did not have any anaphylactic reactions which I think is a fabulous outcome with any activity!  The kids seemed to have fun with it as well, too.
Here's Josh patiently waiting for his egg to become just the right shade.
The next morning was Easter and the Easter Bunny did visit.  He hid everyone's Easter baskets around the house.  Here's everyone waiting until we let them find their baskets:


  
Checking out the loot:


1 comment:

KiLee said...

Awesome job on the cake! It looks great! And I'm glad that everyone was able to color eggs this year!