We could have played two games of bowling, but we were exhausted after only one game and threw in the towel.
The eggs in the Killdeer bird nest in our garden hatched this week. I just happened to walk out there and spotted the first baby. It was so cute and tiny. As I tried to come and take a look the first baby tried to run away, but it was so clumsy--poor thing.
The kids thought it was pretty neat to see.
The bird parents didn't take too kindly to the kids checking out their nest and they made such a ruckus! Even the construction workers next door stopped to see what was going on. They kept squawking at us and acting wounded so we would chase them and get away from their nest.By the next morning all of them were gone. I guess the other two eggs hatched during the afternoon and night and then they were all gone by the next morning. I am sad to see them go, but I am glad we got to see them while they were here.
Tuesday of last week we decided to head over to the Dinosaur Park. I remembered to bring a loaf of bread this time and the kids loved feeding the ducks and fish.
The kids loved digging in the sand to look for fossils. Noah was just excited to play in the sand.
After a few minutes Sarah came over and sat down next to me on the rocks to watch her brothers play. When it was time to go, Sarah jumped up and announced she had to go potty. However, when I looked at the rock she just jumped up from, it appears she made her potty announcement just a tad late don't you think?! This girl had brought me to my ropes end with her potty training or lack thereof. I keep telling myself she will fully catch on someday....
After taking care of MS. Wetpants, we went over and had a picnic lunch.
Then we went and played on all the outside exhibits. This one is one of my favorites. It says, "World's Most Dangerous Creatures". I have to agree!!
Here are the kids checking out the fossil cave:
On the way home from the Dino Park I made a spur of the moment decision to try out the Splash Pad in Riverdale City. Since it was spur of the moment, the kids weren't wearing their swimming suits. When we parked I told the boys to take off their shirts. Sarah attempted to take off hers too, but I told her not to worry about it. That did not go over well. She screamed until I finally gave in and let her take her shirt off, too. She just thinks she is 'one of the boys'. She was the only little girl running around with a skirt on and no shirt at the pad. Awesome.
Noah had a ton of fun. He didn't get right in the middle of things, but kept to the outside of the splash pad. He screamed in delight when he got wet in any way shape or form. He's a funny guy!
Later that night Daniel was showing us how loose his tooth was. Now his front tooth has been loose for as long as I can remember, but he won't let anyone come near him to help him get it out. Finally Aaron asked Daniel to come let Aaron see how loose his tooth was. When Daniel got close Aaron held him down and pulled. It didn't take much to get it out, but Daniel wailed so bad, he swallowed the tooth. Aaron tried to tell him horror stories about what happens to you when you have a tooth in your belly, but he just screamed. His wailing got even worse when he felt where his tooth used to be and his hand came away with blood on it. When he finally calmed down he was excited to be getting a visit from the Tooth Fairy that night. He was already thinking of ways to spend his money. Here he is minus a tooth:
The next morning Daniel came running into our room to tell us about his Tooth Fairy visit. When he crawled into our bed Aaron reached over to check out how loose his other front tooth was and it was ready to come out. Aaron held Daniel down pretending he was going to tickle him and then quickly yanked the other tooth out. It happened so fast that Daniel couldn't scream all the way through it like he had done the previous night. He did scream after because he was mad that Aaron yanked it out. He got over that when he realized he would be getting even more money from the Tooth Fairy. Here he is missing his TWO front teeth:
I think Daniel will be keeping his loose teeth a secret from us for a while---or at least until he needs some more money ;).Saturday morning our local grocery store was celebrating their 10th anniversary. To celebrate they provided a free breakfast, face painting, balloon animals, bounce house and $0.25 ice cream cones. After the kids snarfed up their breakfast of cereal, bacon, eggs and juice they ran over to get in the bounce house. When it comes to getting in the bounce house the ladies first rule flew out the window for Matthew. Sarah didn't seem to mind getting run over by Matthew, though. I guess all's fair in love and war when it comes to bounce houses.
Here's the kids sporting their painted faces and balloon creations. Noah and Matthew did not get a balloon. Matthew is not a fan of balloons so he didn't want one and as for Noah, it's just best he doesn't get one to begin with--there's less screaming that way.
Noah and I split a 25cent ice cream cone. He was in heaven when I let him finish it all by himself. You can tell he enjoyed it.
The kids all enjoyed theirs. Not to fret Daniel, since he couldn't eat the ice cream, got to pick out a couple of Air Head candies to eat. He was happy about that.
After the grocery store visit we went down and visited Kennecott Copper Mine aka Bingham Canyon mine. It was an interesting site. We learned a lot about how they mined Copper and other precious metals. Also seeing the open mine you got to appreciate how big it really was. It is so big you can acutally see it from space--or so they say. Here's the boys looking at the big pit.
Here's the size of the tires that the machinery use down inside the pit.
The kids got to look at different metals/rocks under the microscopes. They liked that.
Aaron had volunteered with another Dad to coach Daniel's T-ball team this summer. I haven't gone to any of the games because it is nearly impossible to see anything when I am trying to keep the other four kids entertained and quiet. I finally did make it to a game this past week and what little bit of it I saw was good. Here Daniel had just hit the ball and made it to first base. His awesome first base coach (Aaron) was giving him advice on what to do next.
Daniel is running home to score in this action shot.Monday when I picked up the kids from Kids in the Park they all asked me where we were going that day. Josh made sure to let me know that we couldn't go anywhere we had already been because that just isn't fun. Well....we finally decided on the Ogden Nature Center. When we got there we looked around the visitor's center then we headed out on to the grounds. That's where we ran into three turkeys just wandering around. Josh and Sarah had no fear and chased them around. The other three were a little more timid about them.
However, after hearing them gobble, Noah started screaming, "BOGGLE BOGGLE BOGGLE!!" at them. He thought he was saying gobble, but it didn't quite come out that way as you can hear:
They had telescopes so you could see near and far. Everyone got a turn.
On the way to the next exhibit, Daniel grabbed Sarah and Josh's hands and held on to them while walking.
We got to see the human sized mouse hole. The kids all had fun crawling around that. That lasted until Sarah peed her pants. We left right after. **SIGH**
Noah has commandeered one of Sarah's babies and it is now his baby. You rarely see him without it. He even fell asleep on it face first the other night. That couldn't have felt nice, but he was fast asleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment