Yup, General Grievous got a 'shower' of sorts, but I am sure it won't be the last time that will ever happen. I have tried hiding the underwear, but unfortunetely, with three older, messy brothers he can always find a pair. DOH!!!
Noah has also been honing his climbing abilities. He can scale the kitchen barstool in seconds flat. He has not mastered the art of climbing down yet. If I don't get him down from the barstool after a few minutes he will finish climbing up on top of the kitchen island and get into whatever is on top. Yesterday the boys had toast with breakfast and left the tub of butter out on the island. Noah went to town with his finger painting ability and there was butter all over his clothes, his face, the counter and the floor when he threw the tub of butter off the island. What a mess!! Anyway, we go throw this 'fun' little routine numerous times a day. However, if I really need to get something done and there is nothing on the counter for him to get into, I will leave him stuck on the counter until I get my certain task done. I hope that doesn't make me sound too terrible. Who knew the kitchen island could be an excellent baby sitter at times?! Noah thinks he is pretty big stuff when he gets all the way on top as you can see.
Noah has been working on his coloring with crayon ability, too. The kids got those big coloring books for a summer activity to do and when they get out their coloring books and crayons, Noah is in heaven. He gets a hold of as many crayons as possible and create his own artwork whether it is in the coloring book or on my wooden kitchen table.
Noah likes to 'help' a lot around the house--most times I don't even need to ask for his help he just does it. He loves to play with the broom and this morning he wanted to help me do laundry by pulling out all the clean clothes out of the dryer and throwing them all over the floor mixing them in with the dirty clothes. Thanks buddy.
He also has discovered that he can turn on the water in my bathtub. If he ever turns up missing and it is extra quiet around the house, I can usually find him playing with and making a huge mess with my bathtub faucet.The other day I had had a particularly rough day with the kids. When Aaron got home from work I turned the kid duty over to him while I went to take a bath. Now I usually will lock the bathroom door so I don't get any unexpected interruptions. However, if Aaron needs to talk to me he will unlock the door and come in. I don't mind that, but I do mind when he forgets to re-lock the door after he leaves. A few days ago he forgot to relock the door and Noah came running in as soon as Aaron was preoccupied with something else. Noah came right up to the tub and tried to climb in. I had to quickly stop him because he was still fully clothed and I didn't want to share my bath with him because all he does is splash. In my haste to stop him from climbing in I set my library book down precariously on the edge of the tub and it ended up falling in to the tub. DOH!!! Now that it has dried I can't get it to close. Do you think the library will notice the water damage:
I already told Aaron that we will be buying ourselves a nice fat, water damaged book from the library--DANG-IT!!! Good thing I love my little Noah is all I can say :)!
As I am typing this he went and did his other favorite past time--digging through the garbage. He got lucky and found an almost empty milk jug, pulled it out and took a swig. Unfortunately, there was more milk in the bottom than he was ready for so he ended up choking on it and pouring it all over the floor. **Sigh** I love my child, I love my child, I love my child...
Monday afternoon it was time to do haircuts. Aaron lets me know when he can no longer stand the length of his hair and thus that determines when we do haircuts. This time I wanted everyone to have an extremely short buzz cut to keep them cooler during the summer (and as an added bonus I don't have to comb their hair for a while). I started with the boys first and buzzed all their hair off. When it was Aaron's turn he asked me to cut his hair as short as the boys. I tried to talk him out of it, but he was pretty insistent. Finally I gave in and did it. The next day at work his coworkers kept asking him what bet he lost or if his wife had forgotten to put the guard on the clippers. Well neither one is right he actually had me do this haircut on purpose. He loves it because he doesn't have to comb his hair in the mornings either. I also think he likes it because it cut off all the gray hair so no one can tell how old he really is, but don't tell anyone I said that--hee-hee. Here's all my bald, shiny headed boys with Sarah in the background because she can't ever pass up a photo opportunity:
After our dinner and family haircuts it was time for family home evening. It was Daniel's turn to lead the music. As soon as Noah saw Daniel run up and start leading the music he ran up to 'help' because he's just that 'helpful' kind of guy. It was pretty funny to see Noah watch Daniel and try to copy his every move. What a crazy kid!
Wednesday morning I painted mine and Sarah's fingernails and toenails while the three oldest kiddos were at Kids in the Park. Noah intently watched us and when I finished with Sarah's fingers he plopped himself down in my lap and screamed until I painted one of his nails. Aaron was not happy about it when he saw it, but every time you point to Noah's painted nail he says, "It TOOT (cute), Mom!!"
Last Friday was Matthew's Cub Scout Day camp. His cub leaders at the last minute said they couldn't go so the cub master was frantically trying to find people to go. She snagged me and another mom to accompany the four Webelos that were going. I had lined up someone to watch the kids, but I had told her we would be gone from 8 am to 2pm thinking that would be enough time. Unfortunately I guessed wrong and found out we had to leave at 6:30 am and we wouldn't get back until about 4 pm. Aaron was a nice guy and took an hour off that morning so I could leave so early. However, that meant he had to get the other four kids up and ready for the day. He got to comb Sarah's hair for the second time ever, but when he dropped them off (THANKS ERIN!!) Erin had to redo Sarah's hair in a braid to keep it off her face. I still give Aaron an 'A' for effort. Going up to scout camp the other mom drove, but Matthew was the back seat navigator. He told her every road to take and when to turn and everything. She was pretty laid back with that and just thought he was a funny kid. When we got to the camp it was pretty fun. We got to shoot BB guns, do some archery, canoeing, mountain man skills, idenitify plants, do a communication class and, of course, go to the outrageously priced trading post. I didn't mind too much at the trading post because all Matthew wanted was the cheapest item there--a small bag of Skittles for $1.50. We had lots of fun, however, Matthew calls things as he sees them. During a few of the classes they could get a little boring. If Matthew didn't like the class he would stand up right in the middle of the teacher's lecture and yell over to me, "Mom, MOM! I don't want to do this anymore." I am sure the teacher's didn't appreciate that, but what can you do?! Matthew's favorite thing was the canoeing. He was so excited to do that and he made sure he was our canoe driver which is what he wants to be when he grows up. I was a little nervous to go, but it turned out to be a fun day.
The kids and I have been keeping busy by going to the Nature Center, Dinosaur Park, bowling and other various activities. I think the boys like Kids in the Park the best, though. However, the leaders there let Matthew get away with murder. They will loan Matthew their cell phones and he will call all the other KITP leaders and this last week he has started calling me to make sure I am doing ok. I always have to answer just in case there is a problem, but most times it is just Matthew calling to let me know some random detail. All the leaders are really good to Matthew and for that I am very thankful. Sometimes they have to go above the call of duty, though. Sunday Matthew had a loose tooth, but the Tooth Fairy doesn't work on Sundays (because she didn't want to have to go to an ATM). So when Matthew came to Aaron to pull out his loose tooth Aaron told him it wasn't quite ready to come out yet. Matthew was not happy about that answer, but it was bedtime and he went on to bed. The next morning he went to KITP and kept bugging his leader until his leader finally pulled out his tooth. He was so excited and of course he had to call me. When he called I couldn't understand what he was even saying because he was so excited. What a funny kid. Good thing it was Monday and within the Tooth Fairy's regular bank hours ;).This past Tuesday was the Talent Show at Kids in the Park. The kids begged me to come and watch them even though I was the only parent there. I had tried to talk to the boys earlier about what they wanted to do, but they couldn't decide. Finally when they got the karoake machine up and going Matthew took over. He wouldn't let anyone talk in the microphone, but him. He introduced the talent show and then started inviting random people up to perform. When the first kid said he wasn't doing anything, Matthew then invited Josh up to perform. Josh ran over to me and grabbed my phone. You see Josh cannot ever pass up a chance to perform even if he has something to perform or not he will still perform something which doesn't always turn out very good. Anyway, he went over to connect my phone to the karoake machine and then I saw him trying to pick a song to sing. I started walking over to see if I could help, but he didn't want me to help so he quickly picked a song before I got over to him. Unfortunely it was a song he didn't know too well, but as always, the show must go on with Josh. He mumbled his way through the song and it was a long song, too. When his turn was over, Matthew announced that Daniel would be next. Daniel grabbed my phone and ran up, but he chose a song he knew, but he still mumbled through the words. Matthew then announced that he would be going next. He then surprised us all by saying he was going to dance to a song instead of sing it. I was just mentally shaking my head. Anyway, he picked a song and then started 'dancing' to it which was just him jumping up and down through the whole song. In the middle of the song Sarah ran out to 'dance' with him, but after wiggling her hips for a few seconds, she got stage fright and just stood there while Matthew kept jumping. I am sure he got a pretty good workout because he chose an agonizingly long song as well. Good thing it was a low key talent show. That meant I could leave after my kids had performed their...um talents. As I was leaving I could still hear Matthew the emcee announcing the next number. Have I said how thankful I am that they roll with Matthew and let him participate?! He does have fun there.
This week for their field trip they went to the aquatics center. I am glad to say that Josh did not need to be rescued by a life guard this year like in years past--phew. They did implement a rule the year after Josh's failed diving board attempts and following life guard rescues. The rule stated that before you could jump off the diving board you had to pass a swimming test. Even though my kids now know how to swim they still wouldn't let Josh jump off the diving board. He was upset about that, but can you blame them?! Fool me once shame on you--Fool me twice shame on me. When Josh promised them the first time that he could swim and he had to be rescued, they won't let him try again even though that happened two years ago. Daniel can be a Nervous Nelly sometimes and so he wanted to go with a life jacket. However, when I came to pick them up he wasn't wearing it. He handed it back to me and proudly said that he now knew how to swim and that he wounldn't ever need a life jacket ever again. When Matthew got into the car he told me that when he first got to the pool he made sure to ask the life guard what all the rules were. He then made all the KITP leaders give him swimming lessons whatever that means. I am sure it was an interesting day. They were sure worn out which was nice because we didn't have any problems getting them to bed that night.
I do have some great news. Sarah has not had a poop accident for 13 days and counting. As long as we are at home and I can catch her pulling her squinty face and immediately put her on the toilet she will go in the potty. The first time for a reward I promised her a rootbeer and I let her drink the whole can. That was a huge mistake because she ended up having three pee accidents right in a row. Now when she goes stinky in the potty she gets some rootbeer, but not the whole can and some 'pretty lips' which is lip gloss. I am just excited that she has been poop accident free and have seriously cried tears of joy. YAY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment