"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Girly Girl


We just had another OB appointment and we are now 100% sure it is a girl. I haven't dared get any girly things before--just in case. Now that we know I don't know where to start!! I am trusting the doctor and Aaron on this one because I still can't make heads or tails of the ultrasound. The big ultrasound where they measure everything is in three weeks so hopefully I might be able to see it then--who knows? It still doesn't seem real to me even though I can feel her kick. We are 19 1/2 weeks along so most likely more than half way since I have yet to make it to a due date--that's scary!! It probably won't seem real until we start into those sleepless nights with a newborn :). Josh knows there is a baby coming, but Daniel and Matthew are somewhat oblivious. Josh was looking at my belly the other day and asked how many babies were in there...I just smiled and said one and vowed to not eat dessert that night.

We had to pull out the carpet cleaner again last night. I was holding Daniel when he decided to empty the contents of his tummy--which he had just eaten dinner--all over my shirt, pants, carpet and couch. Aaron just looked at me and laughed when I had to look at the situation and laugh as well--I then went up and took my second shower for the day. I thought when I quit my nursing job I wouldn't have to worry about that stuff--well, I was wrong :). Kids--you gotta love 'em. However, Daniel seems back to his happy self today, thank goodness--just in case he is not getting any foods that can stain anything!!


Baby at 19 weeks gestation(this is not a picture of our particular baby, but borrowed from a website)--this is what she supposedly looks like. I am hoping, however, I don't get another thumb sucker, but we will love her regardless.

2 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Woohoo!!! I'll be on the lookout for some good fluff to send your way when she actually pops out and we can verify her girlness once and for all : ).

Nurse Heidi said...

Nice looking blog! Looks like you managed to figure out my instructions : ).