Warning there will be lots of whining in the next few paragraphs, but I have had a pretty bad day. Today has been a long time in coming since I have had less than 4 hours of sleep per night in the last week. Anyway, to start off early Sunday morning--1:30 am--Josh had a seizure. Aaron seemed to catch him right after it ended, but it took an agonizing hour of trying to wake him before he finally opened his eyes, but continued to be very confused and couldn't walk. This was quite scary and we were at the cabin where there is no cell reception. We packed everything up and headed down to the city so we could call the neurologist on call. When we finally got a hold of her she said as long as he was recovering and getting back to normal we should just make a follow up appointment in the neurology clinic during the week, but to call back if there were any other problems. He did recover fully and in a few hours it was as if nothing had happened. It makes me wonder how many other times this has happened and we hadn't known since we thought he was sleeping.
This is where my horrible day began today. Our neurology appointment was this afternoon which I am thankful they could get us in on such short notice. We saw his regular Physician's Assistant--the one who has managed his care from the beginning and she basically didn't know what was going on with him as well. We decided to schedule a follow up EEG to see if there was any abnormality. They were able to get us in for tomorrow morning at 9 am. This means I get to have an all nighter with Josh. Another night without sleep I can hardly contain myself. In order to go to the doctor's office I had a neighbor watch Matthew because it is nearly impossible to keep him contained well enough to have a decent conversation with the doctor. While he was there he destroyed their fluorescent kitchen light by throwing a hoppity horse at it. We will get to replace the whole kitchen light as well we should. Another thing that happened was before we left for the doctor's office Daniel filled his drawers making us a few minutes late so he was changed and we were on our way. When I got down to Salt Lake I seemed to hit every single traffic light red so by the time we got to Primary Children's Hospital we were running behind schedule. I thought I was safe from having a dirty diaper so I parked and ran in with Daniel and Josh in tow. I was checking in while Daniel decided to load his diaper again. Seeing as I thought I was safe since he had all ready done his duty I didn't bring any diapers or wipes so all of us had to suffer through a very stinky room during the appointment. On the way home my windshield cracked all the way down the length meaning we will have to replace it soon. When we got home the kids were having a hard time and Daniel and Matthew got sent to time out. Since we have only so many stairs in our house Daniel was on the top stair while Matthew was on the bottom stair. The phone rang and while I was talking, Daniel decided to go to his bedroom and empty his bookcase a book at a time and throw it down the stairs at Matthew. You can only ignore so much...I was about at my breaking point so we decided to bring Aaron some food since he has been working the swing shift so he is gone from early afternoon til around midnight. So the kids could see him tonight and give me a break from the fighting at home we brought him dinner. By the time he got it one of the containers had opened and spilled baked beans all over the rest of his dinner. When I didn't think things could get worse Daniel is refusing to go to bed and came down the stairs tripping over his blanket and falling down the hard wood stairs. He now cries every time he moves his arm. I am hoping that he will feel better soon because I gave him some Tylenol. This will be the day that never ends since me and Josh get to pull an all nighter. I can't wait until bedtime tomorrow...only 24 more hours--not that I am keeping track or anything :). I am hoping tomorrow will be better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh criminy. If I lived a little closer, I'd have been right over. I hope you got some sleep last night!!
Post a Comment