"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kindergarten Assessment

Josh had his kindergarten assessment yesterday. It didn't go over so well. Josh is extremely shy around adults and got a case of the forget-everything-I-have-ever-learned. The teacher had us come in and had me sit in the far corner of the room while she asked Josh different questions. She started off by asking Josh what his first name was. He replied he didn't know. She then said it's Josh. She followed by asking him what his last name was. He replied, "Um, I don't know." That was his favorite response the rest of the assessment. When it was over I tried to explain to the teacher that he really knows a lot more than he showed, but I could tell she didn't quite believe me. I guess when school starts and Josh suddenly learns everything so quickly the teacher can pat herself on the back about what a wonderful teacher she is. Kids can be so frustrating at times!!

Just as I called it all of our tomatoes have gotten ripe all of a sudden. In the last few days we have already picked a bushel with another bushel sitting out there ready to be picked. The first bushel we took around to the neighbors trying to get rid of them, but they would only take a few until Aaron happened upon another neighbor and gave him the rest of the bag before the poor guy could think up some excuse. We did send some with Aaron's Dad to give to Aaron's sister Susan. I hope she didn't mind. I don't want to try the neighbors again because I am afraid they will go running when they see Aaron with a huge bag of tomatoes!! This next picking I am going to try to call around to people in the ward to see if anyone is interested. I just don't quite feel up to canning anything yet.
Here are some more pics of Sarah. Daniel just loves her and it is hard to keep him away from her.

No comments: