"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to Reality

Aaron's two week baby leave is over tomorrow. I don't know if I am quite ready to face reality yet. Ready or not here it comes, though. Sarah has been a fairly good baby except it takes her over an hour to eat. She does like being held a lot which we aren't minding too much, yet. That might change later on...

We were getting a little bit of cabin fever this weekend. Saturday we decided to go for a drive up Sardine Canyon into Logan. We did stop by and get some ice cream cones which the kids loved--Daniel got 4 packages of fruit snacks. While we were driving we turned on a movie for the kids to watch. Daniel started screaming that he couldn't hear it and he needed his cell phone. We didn't quite know what he meant so we ignored it until he got too loud. I finally realized he wanted his headphones. I guess headphones and cell phones sound close enough, right?!? Aaron gave him his headphones, but didn't plug them in. Daniel put them on and didn't complain anymore about not being able to hear even though they weren't plugged into the sound. He just wanted to wear the headphones. Kids are funny like that sometimes.


Matthew gave the prayer in Primary yesterday. They had a hard time containing him until it was his turn. When it was finally his turn he got some stage fright and couldn't think of what to say. One of the presidency had to help him. After he was done he jumped off the podium and excitedly yelled that he said the prayer and ran down to his seat. He loves being able to participate in primary. Aaron got suckered in to speaking for sacrament meeting. They called and asked him Thursday night to speak for the Sunday meeting. Since we have sacrament meeting last Aaron gathered all the kids up early from primary to bring them home to me since I wasn't at church yesterday. Aaron went to pick up Daniel from nursery, but they had just started snack time. Daniel was little upset to be leaving during snack so he shoved whole handfuls of snacks into his mouth so he wouldn't miss out on the yummy food--even though we have the same stuff at home. I guess things taste better somewhere else. I wanted to see Aaron give his talk, but I wasn't about to wrestle with four children during the meeting alone. At least I am hoping this gives us both a long break from having to speak in church again.

Grandpa M came back for a quick visit Friday. The kids were pretty excited to see him again.

No comments: