After both soccer games Matthew, Josh and Daniel got invited to a friend's birthday party at the Dinosaur Park. They all had fun participating in the different activities. They have an area where you can pan for gold--Fool's Gold and another where you dig in the rocks to find different gemstones. Our kids aren't the most aggressive so they didn't bring home too much, but they had fun doing it. In panning for gold Daniel was more interested in dumping the water all over his clothes while Matthew got so excited after finding one piece of gold it took the rest of the time calming him down to find any more. In another social faux paus that only happens when you have kids the super-skinny-no-body-shape-female employee of the dino park was showing everyone where to do the activities when Matthew turned and asked her if she was a man. She stopped and looked at him asking, "Excuse me?!?" Aaron had to quickly jump in and explain as best he could. Sometimes the excuse of autism can be a good thing :).
We have been enjoying the fruits of our garden--or at least the vegetables. We had fajitas today with the peppers we grew. Matthew has issues with the texture of most vegetables and fruits so to try something different I pureed his fajita insides. I know it sounds and it also looked disgusting, but Matthew and the other two ate it without any hesitation and without any complaint. We were pleasantly surprised! Also we had some yummy cantaloupe from our garden as well. We still have a ton of tomatoes, but we found another sucker to take them--Aaron's friend from work--so hopefully we can get rid of the next bushel.
With Josh's Tooth Fairy money he chose to get an ice cream cone rather than getting Starbursts. Since I had a coupon for Baskin Robbins Josh and I got an ice cream cone and some quiet alone time from everyone else. Josh enjoyed the attention and I enjoyed the break. I will have to see if he has any other loose teeth we can get out sooner rather than later :).

2 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a busy weekend. That is funny about what Matthew said at the dinosaur park. Sometimes kids are a little too honest. =)
Pureed fajitas? Egads. I don't think I could even stomach that.
I had to laugh about the comment to the "boy" girl. My kids would say something like that too, but I don't have the convenient autism excuse...just kids that haven't quite learned the social niceties of when to keep their mouths shut yet : ).
Post a Comment