This year we planted a pumpkin plant along with various other things in our garden. This pumpkin plant turned into the longest vine with no pumpkins on it. I finally noticed a small pumpkin nestled behind the leaves on the huge vine. I thought it was the only one until our neighbor showed us the huge pumpkin growing in his yard. He has the biggest pumpkin on his side of the fence. Our agreement is that he gets to keep whatever grows under the fence which means he gets to keep that huge pumpkin that he didn't do anything to get while we are left with the smallest one. He also got a few cantaloupe and maybe a cucumber or two. I think that is the best way to garden--for him, anyway. He was pretty excited about it. We still have lots of tomatoes, but one of Aaron's friends at work loves them so he is getting all of our excess.
We put up our Halloween decorations this week. The kids are pretty excited about it and keep asking me every day if it is Halloween. It is going to be long 6 weeks until it is Halloween. I still
don't have costumes for Matthew and Josh, but we still have 6 weeks I guess. Nothing like waiting until the last moment!!
We have created a monster. I still can't say I know why, but Daniel still prefers sleeping on the floor. However, if he wakes up at night he gets pretty scared because he doesn't know where he is since he falls asleep in a different place every night. Last night we were awakened by the light turning on and him screaming. Aaron went and took care of him, but he didn't go back to sleep and tried sneaking back in our room--I stopped counting after about 5 times between 2am-4am. I finally got up this morning to find him asleep on the floor at the foot of our bed.

1 comment:
Ellie keeps asking me if it is Halloween today too. She is so excited. Thanks for the nectarines & squash. They are so good!
Post a Comment