"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Friday, August 22, 2008

Post Sarah Excitement

Things have settled down at our house since Saturday which is a very good thing. Sarah had her first visit to the Dr. and after two successive blowouts she was able to get weighed and seen. Although the blowouts happened after the weight was done I was tempted to have her weighed again because they were very big blowouts! Why do babies wait until the worst possible time to do that? I am still trying to adjust to the sleepless nights again. You forget how sleepless they are so if this doesn't sound coherent you'll know why ;). I am nursing Sarah and as discrete as I try to be I am still not good enough to do everything under a blanket yet. That means I have some very curious boys around me when she gets hungry. Josh was watching the other day and came to the conclusion that he couldn't feed Sarah because his chest just wasn't big enough. After Aaron and I got over laughing he explained to Josh that only Moms--who are girls--can feed babies like that. Sarah has also found her thumb on a few occasions. I am trying to stop it, but she is pretty fast. I don't want to have three thumb suckers in our family!!

The boys are just fascinated by her. Whoever is holding her has everyone else either trying to crawl into their lap as well or very close by. We have had to save her a few times from some "helping hands" as well. They try to shove the binky in her mouth while she is sleeping or have tried to feed her some Skittles. They think she is a boy still because she still has the umbilical cord attached and they think that is her little boy part. I have tried to explain, but it is to no avail. I can't wait to see their faces when it falls off. I thought I was safe from being squirted since we had a girl. I have been mistaken because changing her on my lap she has squirted me twice and pooped on me once. I guess I have just got to be faster :).

Aaron attempted potty training Daniel while he was on the baby leave, but that lasted all of one day before we both gave up. If we really pressed it he could do it, but right now neither of us have the energy to keep up on that. Daniel is happy either way so why change it?

Josh and Matthew's school open house was last night. Josh went with Aaron to meet his new teacher and he is really excited to start school. Matthew, Aaron and I met with his new teacher this morning. We had a meeting with his old teacher and his new teacher to go over what makes Matthew tick. It was a good meeting. We are going to miss his old teacher very much, though. We are hoping this year will go smoothly because it is a new program at the school so there are always bugs to be worked out. Matthew is all ready having a hard time adjusting to all the changes this last week, so I am just hoping the new teacher will be prepared for Monday!! She will earn her salary I am sure of it.

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

Hee hee. You'll have to post what they think about the disappearing "boy parts" when that happens!