"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Soccer

Well soccer has started once again. Josh had his first game yesterday and is on a team with four other boys. I guess he really got into the game yesterday--as much as Josh does, anyway--and he actually shoved a boy to the ground during the game. My demure, non-aggressive Josh did that. I was quite surprised myself. If Aaron hadn't caught it on video I would have never believed it!! Matthew didn't have a game yesterday; he just went and picked up his uniform for the year. Aaron took the boys to the game and to pick up the uniform that gave Sarah and me some quiet time which was great.

My poor body is still recovering from the pregnancy and delivery. I guess after the fourth child it takes it a little longer to recover. I still have a boggy belly. I am trying not to give it too much thought, but it is hard when your regular clothes don't quite fit you as soon as they did after the other deliveries. It also doesn't help when you have little kids that are a little too honest. Sarah was sleeping downstairs when Aaron and I were getting the boys ready for bed upstairs. Matthew finished getting dressed and looked at my saggy belly and saw that Sarah wasn't with me. He then asked if Sarah went back inside my tummy. Sadly I told him no and am hoping my stomach goes down soon.

Sarah has a lot of dark hair that the rest of our kids never had. Aaron is starting to question me about the mailman, but we have a mail-lady so that theory doesn't quite pan out. Maybe she actually will take after me instead of Aaron like the rest of the boys have done.

Can I just say THANK GOODNESS SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!! I don't think my kids or I could survive another summer day!! Everyone in our family is looking forward to tomorrow!! Josh, however, realized today that he won't be riding the bus like Matthew. Even though they are going to the same school, only the special education students ride the bus. That means I get to take Josh to school every day. He got really upset that he isn't riding the bus. He cried for a while about it. I don't know quite what to say to help him understand. I am sure we will figure something out.
Grandpa Mancil came for a visit yesterday. He got to see and hold Sarah for the first time. It was nice he could come to see her and the rest of the boys.

1 comment:

Jeff n Jill said...

so where is the video?