Matthew's teacher gave us a link to a child friendly browser you can download. It was made specifically for autistic children, but it is great for all children because it filters everything to make it super safe. It has lots of games and video clips as well as stories. It limits use to just the mouse to keep kids away from playing with the keyboard--it turns off the keyboard so you can push any button and it doesn't do anything. We tried it out with Matthew and he loved it as well as Josh and Daniel.
Today we listened to Conference while the kids and I made Daniel friendly chocolate cupcakes. I had more help than I know what to do with ;). They were more excited about licking the beaters than making the cupcakes. The recipe is really good and as far as vegan recipes it isn't that weird either. I've included the recipe and you can't even tell they are vegan because they are so moist and chocolaty!!
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
3/4 c granulated sugar
1/3 c canola oil
1 &1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/3 c cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Bake 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees in cupcake liners filled 3/4 full. Makes about 18 cupcakes.

No comments:
Post a Comment