"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mission Accomplished...Almost

We finally found and bought a dishwasher we could both somewhat agree on. The only down side is it is not available until Saturday. It is amazing how much you rely on the dishwasher until you don't have one. Just three more days. I view it more as a necessity than a luxury--it is interesting how times change. My grandparents still don't have a dishwasher even after remodeling their kitchen a few years back because they didn't feel they needed one. I guess we could agree to disagree on that one :).
Matthew is enjoying his swimming lessons. The complete attention on him is what he needed to stay focused and do what his teacher tells him to. Daniel passed his class--Wahoo! Josh gets to repeat his class again--hopefully, the third time will be the charm.

My sister got Sarah a cute Halloween shirt, so to maximum amount of usage she is going to wear it a lot or until she poops all over it. She wore it today and the kids are so used to seeing her in pink, Josh came downstairs and asked why she was wearing a boy shirt. She ended up wearing a huge head-squeezer bow the rest of the day so there would be no mistaking her gender.

Kids take things so literally! The other day we were on our way somewhere and I had gotten ready in a hurry and didn't look so great. I was having a pretty bad hair day and I was sarcastically making fun of it to Aaron saying I had some pretty hot hair. Daniel felt his head and said his hair was cold. I just nodded and said, "Oh...Ok. Glad to hear that."

I went and voted today. The wait was about an hour. Aaron and I divided and conquered. He took Josh and Matthew to swimming while I took the other two to vote. Daniel provided comic relief to everyone in the line the whole time whether they wanted it or not. Is it just me or is it between the lesser of two evils for president? I will be glad when the election is over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about the election. I still need to go vote.