"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Heart Smasher

Josh lately has really started loving to draw pictures. He especially likes to draw them for the little girl across the street. He averages one per day just for her. What a lucky girl! He has also started to enjoy helping me clean up the house. I think this is great and have been really positively reinforcing it. As we were cleaning up today he got out a wet paper towel to help me clean up the counter. After a while he decided his toy kitchen needed to be cleaned as well. I didn't pay too much attention until I heard a crackling noise coming from his toy kitchen. As I went over to check it out I found he had thoroughly saturated his paper towel with water and drenched the whole top of the kitchen. The sink was even full of water. Now this would be fine except the kitchen has an "electrical" stove top that makes bubbling noises with lights that turn on. Unfortunately this got rather saturated as well and electrical things don't handle water too well. The crackling noises I heard were from the stove top slowly dying to where I couldn't get it to work anymore. I couldn't get too upset because he was helping me clean up. This is just one of those times I just have to sigh and walk away. Aaron did take it apart to let it dry out so maybe that will work--I hope.

Last night Sarah did not sleep so well and I think she kept Daniel awake so he was all chuckles--AKA ornery--today. He finally fell asleep at my feet this afternoon on the hard kitchen floor--the poor kid. Good thing he's used to sleeping on the floor already from sneaking out of bed at night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel is so funny...I wish my kids could sleep anywhere like that. =) Too bad about the kitchen. Hopefully it will dry out.

Jeff n Jill said...

whatever happened to my drawing??? hmmm....