
I went grocery shopping yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find that the cake mix on sale was Daniel friendly. It is a chocolate and yellow flavor Duncan Hines cake mix which is a normal cake mix. As I read the ingredients thinking yea right because I thought I had checked all the mixes before, but I was wrong. I got excited at first, but then was somewhat concerned because there were no natural ingredients for him to be allergic to just stuff I couldn't pronounce or have never heard of before. Anyway, I tried not to worry about the chemical goodness that it contained and just was excited he could have it nonetheless. Yes I would have to finish making the cake mix with egg replacer instead of eggs, but the base cake mix was Daniel friendly. Maybe he doesn't have to miss out on all the good stuff. However, as I headed over to the shampoo aisle I was amazed to find that with the shampoo on sale half the flavors contained milk or coconut milk or some other form of allergens in them. Before

Daniel I would have never thought twice to even check the ingredients in anything such as lip balm, sunscreen, shampoo, etc. Silky hair and soft lips are just not worth a $75 dollar trip to the Emergency Room and the anxiety that comes with it :). They also had turkeys on sale so I bought one. I didn't check the ingredients first and brought it home to find it had been basted in butter. I guess I will be donating that one to the shelter. Ah, sigh, maybe someday he will outgrow this!! What we don't do for our kids.
While aunt Jill was here she bought the boys light sabers. They have had a lot of fun playing with them. However, it is all fun and games until Dad gets blindsided in the head by one while he is at the computer. He didn't see Daniel come to have a light saber fight with him until he had been whacked in the head pretty hard I might add. It was hard to keep a straight face.
2 comments:
Oh, Rebecca...I can't began to understand the level of anxiety you must have raising a child with food allergies. I really love your sweet Daniel. He must be warming up to me too, because he was talking my ear off today:).
Hey now...I bought the light sabers with full knowledge and blessings from MOM (Rebecca!)!!! :)
Post a Comment