"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Parent Teachers...Oh My!

Today was parent teacher conferences for Matthew and Josh. They both appear to be doing great. Matthew has gone all year up until last week without having a huge meltdown at school which is amazing! His latest thing to do at school is the monkey bars. Last week it was really rainy which made them quite slippery and because he couldn't grip them to go across I guess things got pretty ugly. The duty had to bring him in from recess to calm down and it took him the rest of lunch recess to do just that. Other than that he is doing great as far as his classroom goes. He is very happy and content and doing excellent in reading--comprehension, however, that's another story...

Josh is doing great. His teacher loves him. She said he sweet disposition and a glowing face. She even said she has a good feeling about him. He is very sweet and obedient--I had to double check to make sure we were talking about the same Josh--just kidding. His teacher is having a little bit of a hard time understanding him so he will probably be evaluated and will start speech therapy. Oh well, if that's all he needs I am grateful for that! Maybe he can meet up with Matthew there ;P. He loves school, but is having a hard time deciding which hand he favors. He writes with his right hand at school and does his homework at home with his left hand. I guess he just wants to be ambidextrous. I am glad parent teachers went as well as it did!
Here are some pictures of Sarah from last weekend that Aaron's sister Susan took. Thanks Susan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad your boys are doing well in school! Garrett also likes to use both of his hands. Left hand for writing and eating, and right hand for throwing and playing and sometimes writing!

Susan said...

I'm glad to hear that there is another kid in the family that can't decide what hand to use! Kari writes the first half of her name with her left hand and the rest of her name with her right hand. Weird, huh?! Sarah is a cutie!

Cami said...

adorable pictures!!!!

Jeff n Jill said...

I noticed in church when Josh & Kari were coloring together that if one of them got in the way, the other would just switch which hand they were coloring with and then switch again when it suited them.