"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sarah's Practicing for the Teenage Years

We have a toy telephone Sarah has figured out how to use. Even though she doesn't have any words yet, she knows how to carry on a conversation on the phone. She knows how to make the phone ring and answer it.

Another note to this story, if you look at Sarah's hair all the pig tails have been pulled out. This happened while I was picking Matthew up from scouts last evening. When I got back Josh told me to look at Sarah's hair. That's when I noticed it had all been pulled out. I was not too happy since I had just done Sarah's hair with much protesting and crying that morning and I had done it super tight so it could stay in for a few days. I asked what happened when Josh told me he did it. I asked him why and he said he didn't like Sarah's hair like that so he pulled it all out. Grrrrrr.

3 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

What a smart little girl!!! Isn't it amazing what kids pick up on? How they can imitate the inflections of a conversation without knowing the words.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny about the pig tails. At least you know she didn't pull them out. They were adorable.

KiLee said...

Hee hee - so are you going to check with Josh before you try doing her hair next time? She is getting so big! What a cutie! (All your kids are!)