Yesterday morning I got a telephone call from school. Upon seeing the number on caller ID my heart sank. It is never a good sign to get a call from the school in the middle of the day. I answered and someone on the other end told me Josh had hurt himself. I was prepared for the worst, but it wasn't too bad. I guess Josh slipped on some icy stairs outside and had fallen hitting his nose/mouth. He got a pretty bad bloody nose and a HUGE fat lip while peeling the top layer of skin off part of his top lip. He went to the office and they put ice on it for a while and got his bleeding nose to stop. I was getting ready to come and pick him up from school, but he decided he wanted to go back to class instead. They were just calling me to let me know what had happened so I wouldn't be upset when I saw him later. They also let me know I would need to wash his coat since he used that to wipe up is bleeding nose--a typical boy thing to do to wipe their messy face on their sleeve :). Again the pictures don't do the injury justice because his lip was sticking way out from a profile view.

Josh did complain of a bad headache around dinner time which wasn't like him so I let him stay awake with Aaron and me just to keep an eye on him. That makes me a little more nervous with him smacking his head with his epilepsy factored in. He seems to be doing fine except for that nice fat lip. Good thing class pictures are next week so he can have a nice huge scab for them....he has great timing!!
I got another surprise yesterday (this one more pleasant than the last surprise in the previous paragraph) when Aaron got home from work. I got my Valentine's Day present early. He came home with a dozen of really pretty red roses. We had decided not to worry about presents for each other this year so this came completely by surprise. My flower arranging skills aren't the greatest, but they are still pretty to look at.

Lastly Daniel finally officially received his blue belt yesterday at the belt ceremony in karate. He is pretty proud. You can now officially call him a blue belt without him getting mad at you. He is a funny kid.


2 comments:
YAY Daniel! Congrats "Mr. Blue Belt"!
Poor Josh! Hope you feel better!
Jeff and I miss all of ya'll and can't wait to see ya'll in 3 weeks!
Ouch! Poor kid!! That looks like it hurts! And congrats to Daniel!
Post a Comment