Monday, February 8, 2010
What REALLY Happens During Quiet Time
We got the lucky time slot of 9 am church on Sundays and we love it. It gives us time to come home and unwind after church and lunch. To unwind we let (make) the kids have some quiet time for a few hours. What quiet time consists of is they get to choose a few activities and books to read to keep them entertained for about 2 hours in their rooms or they can take a nap it's all their choice. Matthew always chooses the activities because I have never known him to take a nap, Josh naps half the time and reads half the time, Daniel and Sarah usually take naps for the whole time. Since we don't have enough bedrooms for everyone to have their own room, Daniel, Matthew and Sarah get their regular rooms and Josh gets my and Aaron's room. I thought Josh was just reading and sleeping until I started noticing some changes that started last week. I didn't notice last week that Josh had adjusted my clock during quiet time until it was 5:30 am and I startled myself awake because Aaron had missed his alarm and was still sleeping. It wasn't until I rolled over and was about to wake him up that I noticed his clock only said 3:30 am. I also found a half eaten Tootsie Roll on my nightstand that I have no idea where Josh even got it from, but he decided he only wanted to eat half of it and leave the rest laying on my nightstand--YUCK! This week's quiet time was even better. I didn't know all the stuff Josh had done until I was getting ready to go to bed myself. That's when I noticed my perfume body spray which was about 1/3 of the way full before quiet time was mysteriously all the way full again--hmmm. I also noticed the light bulb in my lamp was shattered with glass shards spread all over my nightstand. Since it was bedtime and he was asleep I waited to talk to him about it until today. That's when I found out during quiet time yesterday he wanted to find out what would happen if he filled the spray bottle up with water, turn my lamp on and spray my lamp's light bulb with water. He found out what would happen pretty quickly when the light bulb shattered and scattered glass shards all over my nightstand. He was too scared to tell us anything so he said nothing and left it for me to find when I went to bed. I might have to come up with some more constructive activities for quiet time from now on lest more things get changed or destroyed in my room. Here's a pic of the mysteriously full perfume spray bottle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Seriously - your kids keep me laughing! They really are keeping you on your toes!
Too funny. I can't really see Josh doing that. =)
Post a Comment