As for Noah he is doing good. He was having problems with reflux so they put a thickener in his milk to help him keep it down than refluxing it. It looks like it has helped. He is still having problems with his heart rate slowing down and him stopping breathing, but it is getting better. Instead of waking him up to eat every 3 hours, they have let him wait 4 hours in between feedings and it has helped. He has woken up and taken all his feedings by bottle today which is amazing! He is getting better day by day. Here's him fully awake just after his feeding today:
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Jill and Noah Update
Jill, my fabulous sister-in-law who has been here helping me out for the last four weeks while I recooperate from having a c-section and a preemie, was supposed to go back home to Texas today, but of course things don't always go according to plan. She came upstairs yesterday morning and woke me up crying and saying something was wrong. I called Aaron and he came home from work to take care of the kids so I could take Jill over to Labor and Delivery to see what was going on. This is her first pregnancy that has lasted this long and she is only 26 weeks along of a 40 week pregnancy. She's really early to be having problems. They put her on a monitor and saw a few contractions. They then started an IV, and sent her over to see the Perinatologist who is a doctor who deals with high risk pregnancies. They did a big ultrasound to check out the baby and found she had no cervix left and was trying to go into preterm labor. Luckily, the baby looks fantastic. Unluckily, she will have to spend the rest of her pregnancy on strict bedrest in a Utah hospital. She has almost made it past the first 48 hours which is the most critical time to see if they could stop her labor. So far her contractions have stopped so we are hoping she can stay pregnant for a while yet. It is really hard for her to be away from her home and to have all this happening. However, her husband was able to make it in from Texas to see her last night. It looks like she will be stuck in Utah for a while longer. At least with her coming with me to visit Noah she has gotten to know the NICU staff and the routines there. However, we are hoping she doesn't need their services for a while. The crazy thing is she has been put in all the same rooms I was in during my stay at the hospital. She was in the same L&D triage room, the same perinatology room, the same regular labor and delivery room as me. Also all the nurses have found out our story--Jill came out to help me while I was in the hospital pregnant and having a preemie and now the roles have been reversed. So the nurses in the NICU will ask how Jill is doing and the nurses in L&D will ask how Noah is doing. It has been crazy!! Anyway, keep her in your thoughts and prayers please because she needs them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It is so strange that all this is happening! I am glad that Jeff was able to come! I hope she can hang on. It is just way too early to have her!
I am sure that no on would have ever guessed that this would happen! Hang in there, all of you.
Noah is beautiful!
Amyjoy
He's beautiful. I hope Jill's baby stays in there for as long as possible.
Oh my goodness! You have the most interesting pregnancy stories EVER!!!
Indeed we pray that all will continue to go well for the both of you and precious adorable soooooo amazingly adorable Noah.
Needless to say..My next pregnancy (power of postive thinking...) I will go NO WHERE! If you want to see me at anytime during those 9 months, you gotta come to me... I am also thinking that a warning sign needs to be hung over Y'alls door..."Do Not Enter if You are Prengnant...Pre-term Labor will most likely occur!"
Jill that's ok because I am fresh out of major projects to work on. Next pregnancy for you I don't want to see you in UTAH during the whole thing!!! As for the preterm pregnancy warning sign I will put it right be the no soliciting sign outside ;).
Post a Comment