Sarah isn't all trouble. She does have her sweet moments. I took this picture the other night. She does like to snuggle, give kisses and squeezes. It makes up for most of the mischief she gets into. If the kids ask for anything we say, "It will cost you." She has quickly learned to pay the price of a kiss and a squeeze if she asks for anything.

The first morning of Christmas break I was awakened by Noah screaming. I went into his room to find he was rolling around in his crib and got his legs stuck in the slats. He was not a happy baby.

Then I went downstairs and fed the kids breakfast. I give Sarah a cup of milk with a handful of cereal on the counter. It's a lot easier to clean it up that way than to pour the milk on the cereal and have her spill everything everywhere. However, she has figured out the good part of the cereal. She picked out all the marshmallows and left the rest of the cereal sitting on the counter. It really doesn't take them long to learn that does it?!

After breakfast I was reading the newspaper when Sarah came over to tell me the good news that she had a stinky diaper. She says, "I poop. OH MAN!!" I wasn't recording the first time she said it, so I had to help her say it again so I could get a recording of it. This is what she says a lot of times after she does dirty her diaper--funny girl!
I didn't get to changing her diaper right away. She went downstairs, got undressed and pulled off her diaper smearing everything everywhere. She then caught my attention by walking up the stairs towards the shower. I got her in the shower while I cleaned up the mess. I washed her and got her out of the shower. While I was looking for clothes, she went over and peed on my carpet which is what the dark spot is right next to her feet. I am trying to decide which would be worse pets or kids?

Sarah is so afraid to be left behind. If she hears anything about going anywhere she will run to get her coke (coat) on as well as her shoes. It doesn't even bother her if she has no clothes on as long as she can get her coat and shoes on. It doesn't even matter if her shoes are on the wrong feet either. I told her we weren't going anywhere right then and she was not happy. She really wanted to go bye bye--clothes or no clothes.

Thursday Aaron took the day off of work so we could have some fun family time. We took the kids out to lunch and then bowling. Why oh why do I have Sarah wear a white shirt when we eat the messiest foods like chocolate ice cream?

Aaron and I had to take turns holding Noah during lunch since he is turning into Mr. Grabbypants. He loves to get a hold of everything within his reach. That makes eating a little harder to do when you are trying to keep his hands out of your food. He thought it was a pretty fun game.

I am proud to say that while we were eating lunch an elderly woman came over and complimented us about how well behaved our children were. I think it was because all their mouths were full of food so they couldn't scream or fight. Anyway, that good of behavior in public doesn't always happen so we were some proud parents.
After lunch we went bowling. It was Sarah's first time to actually bowl and she thought she was big stuff. However, she was more interested in the ball return than bowling. She would roll the ball and run back to the ball return before her first ball even got all the way down the lane. One time she was looking at the ball return so closely, a ball came down the shute and hit her in the nose. She cried for a minute, but shrugged it off when it really was her turn again. She also doesn't quite understand the concept of turn taking either. She thought it was her turn after everyone else's turn. You had to keep an eye on her because she could lift up the ball herself and carry it over to the lane before you could stop her.
Josh and Daniel were in heaven because they had TVs on playing regular TV next to the scoring TVs. We nicknamed them TV #1 (Josh) and behind him was TV #2 (Daniel). It helped keep them occupied between their turns, however.
Funny kids!!
No comments:
Post a Comment