"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, December 20, 2010

Noah's Chompers and Oh Sarah!!

Noah is one fun "big" toy the kids all love. He is the center of attention a lot of the time and gets wallered by all the kids. He likes it most times....well, sometimes. Noah's two bottom chompers are officially in. I seem to be his favorite teething ring, unfortunately. That isn't much fun while he's nursing! I guess he still needs to learn don't bite the....um, hand (or other anatomical part) that feeds you (literally!!). Today I had to take the Suburban in to get the oil changed. I didn't time that very well since today is the first day of Christmas break and I had to take all five kids with me. I took it to the same place as last time. It made me laugh to see Sarah's scribbled handiwork still on the wall from last time we were there which was about 5 months ago. The employees must like her work or they don't ever clean that place--it really could be either.
The kids were surprisingly good while we were there at the oil change place. When we got home I herded all the kids inside. Sarah took this opportunity with lack of supervision to go over open up the fridge, pull out the egg nog and drink as much as she could as fast as she could.
When I caught her she quickly tried to put the lid back on, but it was too late. She was caught red handed with a nice egg nog mustache to accompany it. Oh I really need to get that refrigerator latch!! However, my friend says it doesn't take very long for kids to figure that one out either! When I got the egg nog put away I went downstairs and sat on the couch. She came down after right after and was eating a cookie that she had snuck while I was putting away the egg nog. She's the fastest troublemaker in the west!! We usually keep Noah's car seat in the car, but it was brought in the other day and Sarah had lots of fun playing with it. I can't believe she fit in one of these just over a year ago. Sarah likes to reach on the counter to feel what's up there. Usually she is rewarded by some treat of some sort. This time it was the bag of chips. She pulled it down and spilled them everywhere. I was upstairs combing my hair when this happened. Daniel, bless his heart, got out the broom and was trying to clean it up. The mess was too much for him and he came upstairs to tell me. I came downstairs and cleaned it all up, but Sarah was not too happy about it. I think it's because she couldn't get her chip fix in since they all got thrown in the garbage. Yesterday evening after dinner Sarah had a dirty diaper. While Aaron and I were arguing--oh I mean discussing whose turn it was to change it, Sarah went over and tried to take care of the problem herself. She got undressed, pulled off her diaper while standing up which spilled the contents of her diaper all over the floor. Ewwwwwww!! Aaron grabbed her before she could do any more damage and whisked her up to the shower. I had to get out the carpet cleaner to clean up the mess. Nice! I thought the boys were trouble makers, but they don't hold a candle to her!! If anything she is teaching them a thing or two!

1 comment:

kim said...

But she's oh so freakin cute!