"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Good Times at Playgroup

We had play group at our house again this week. After Matthew and Josh left for school Daniel followed me all over the house with his shoes telling me it was time to go to playgroup. He got really excited when everyone came here. They got to color some scary Halloween pictures and then decorate with A LOT of stickers. I didn't know you could fit that many stickers on a single page!! We also had some apples and grape juice for snack. I got out the sippy cups for the juice and Carter was quite offended. He said, "I growed real big and don't use those!" I took the lid off so he could have a big boy drink :). It was a pretty good day. We will be sad to see Sibley go, though. Hopefully she can find some more boyfriends to replace Daniel and Carter at her new home.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like they had a lot of fun!

Koch Clan said...

Sibley kept saying that she had sugar juice. I was laughing at her. I guess she has never had grape juice before. Thanks, she had a blast and will miss her boyfriends.

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry Rebecca. I hope he wasn't rude, but Aaron and I cracked up at this. He quit using sippy cups when he was just over two and he loves his "big boy cups". He was so excited that he got to have grape juice and apples. About the stickers, I think he managed to put around 50 on one page. Of course, they were all on top of each other. He had so much fun. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Ellie told me about the grape juice with sugar because it was too sour. =) She had a great time. Thanks!

Waiting for the One=-) said...

Hey it's Nikki, I hope it's ok I was on someones blog and saw your name so here I am.
The kids look like they are having a good time.
I need to do something like that with Ethan.