"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend went by entirely too fast. Friday we had water day at my neighbor's house. She had a kiddie pool out and Sarah loved it. I put her in it and she stayed and played for about an hour before she decided to get herself out. While trying to climb over the side of the pool she landed on the concrete with her face. The other boys had a lots of fun as well. You can't have a water day without the swimsuit bum crack picture--this one's courtesy of Daniel.Saturday morning we attended the Sunset city parade. That is one small city! The kids loaded up on candy so they were pretty happy. Matthew got to the point with every parade vehicle that passed he would run up to them and ask for candy. He got quite a few handfuls that way, but it was pretty embarrassing. They did have a few fire trucks with firemen dressed in Star Wars gear. Josh and Daniel thought that was pretty neat. Our local ambulance was even in the parade and I could point to the boys and say, "I've ridden in that!" I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I can say they were impressed.

No comments: