"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's Grosser than Gross?

Yesterday we were at Walmart looking at some things. Daniel suddenly said he needed to go to the bathroom. Saturday we made the mistake of telling Daniel to hold it while we were shopping. That was a BIG mistake because he ended up having a #2 accident while at the store. So when he said he needed to go to the bathroom yesterday we took him seriously. I grabbed his hand and took him into the women's restroom. When I walked in I headed for the handicapped stall because it is bigger so both Daniel and I could fit inside. When I opened the stall door the toilet was clogged and there was water all over the floor. The only other open stall was the one next to the handicapped stall, but there was still water all over the floor--YUCK. I am thoroughly grossed out at this point. I already have issues with public restrooms anyway and this didn't help. Walking into the stall Daniel saw the water on the floor and started stomping and splashed overflowed toilet water all over me and himself. When I got him to stop, he immediately pulled his shorts down right into the overflowed toilet water getting them all wet. Well he finished doing what he came to do in the bathroom and when we found Aaron again we had to leave immediately to come home so I could sanitize my whole body and Daniel's too. YUCK!!! I never used public restroom unless it was an emergency until I had kids. They love trying out a new bathroom any time they can. I hope they outgrow this soon because public restrooms are disgusting!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUCK!! I HATE public bathrooms with a passion! But I swear anytime we go anywhere.. even if he just went potty, Garrett has to use the bathroom! It drives me crazy.. and now that Kenzie is potty training, she follows his lead and always has to go too! Stinkin kids!

Cami said...

EW EW EW!!!

The Crandall Clan said...

YUCK!!! I know about your fobias and public bathrooms. I remember one time at girls camp you help it the whole time. Again I say YUCK!!!