"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Finally, the Befores and Afters

After a crazy week of barely any sleep--we only averaged about 2-3 hours a night--Jill and I finally finished painting the house--with "help" from the kids occasionally. We got plenty of use out of the ladder, unfortunately! This project only started out as painting one wall, but grew to exponential proportions! However, it turned out awesome!! I will say that if I ever see another paint can again it will be too soon!! THANKS Jill--you are AWESOME!! Here are the before and after pics: I forgot to take the before pics of the bathroom, but these two are the after pics
Here is the family room before and after:
The picture wall before and after and yes we did change the ceiling fan
I think the kitchen is the most dramatic in the before and after

The living room before
after:
Thanks again Jill for having to put up with all my indecisiveness--it only took me four days to finally pick out drawer knobs for an example!! Now I am going to go veg and enjoy my "new" house.

10 comments:

Susan said...

It looks REALLY nice! (Now you and Jill can come do mine!)

Anonymous said...

WOW! You did an amazing job! It all looks so great!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I'm sure you are exhausted.

KiLee said...

I love it! The colors are amazing - you guys did a fantastic job!!!

Johanna said...

It looks beautiful. An inspiration for when I get a free moment...

Jeff n Jill said...

MMM...Brown! LOL!!! What a fabulous color! Everything looks even better in person or maybe it looks better because I am tired and sore and don't want to paint a whole house again! -When are you coming to visit??? I might have a few gallons waiting here! :) I am kidding! I had a lot of fun - that of course could be the sleep deprevation talking! :) (I don't think the workers and shoppers at Ross truly appreciated our humor!)

As far as your indecisiveness, at least you really know that you want what you get...I think we wore a path out from the Layton Target, Lowes, and Home Depot going in circles trying to find the right knobs at the right price...and then we end up with the knobs you picked out originally! :) First impressions...mmmm brown.... LOL!!!

You have really made your house into a warm and inviting home. Nice "updating"! Sit back and enjoy your new look!

Lee & Kindra said...

It looks great! I hope life is well with you. I havn't seen you in such a long time!

I'm still at Timp unfortanately. Hopefully someday when I'm a mom I can quit.

Anyway, I have a blog too. It's
www.kindra-lee.blogspot.com. Stop by and visit!

bamatamb said...

Rebecca, your house looks wonderful! I especially love the kitchen walls & cabinets. I bet you love it!

The Wife!! said...

Oh my.. that looks amazing!!! Great job.. The Kitchen looks fabulous!

Melanie said...

Wow...amazing! Looks great.