In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.
- Gordon B. Hinckley
"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Bowling the New Contact Sport
Yesterday was staycation day #3. We let the kids vote and decide on what the day's activities would be. They all voted and agreed on going bowling again. When we got to the bowling lanes they were pretty busy so we had to wait for about 45 minutes to even get started. In that 45 minutes we browsed around the arcade and played a few games of Air Hockey and Ski-Ball. Josh was doing great at Air Hockey until we caught on to his strategy. He figured out that if he kept his coat on he could put his sleeved arm in front of the goal and block any and all attempts by his opponent. We put a stop to that as soon as we figured out what was going on. Gotta keep an eye on that kid!! When it was our turn to start bowling we got all situated and started playing. A few frames into the game Daniel got a good score and was running back to the table to show us. Right before he got to the table he tripped and smacked his mouth right on the edge of the table. He instantly got a huge fat lip and loosened his front tooth. I guess the Tooth Fairy will be coming to him sooner than later. Hopefully, his front tooth won't die and turn into an abscess like Matthew's did. If that happens he will need his front teeth pulled and go around front toothless for a while. I guess there could be worse things right?!? Here's some pictures:
It always breaks my heart to see one of my kids get hurt.
It is so nice to see your stacation. What a great idea! Visiting the temple, sledding, and bowling all look so fun. I am glad that you created memories. Much better than taking trips!
I am happily married to a wonderful husband. We have four busy boys with one cute little girl. My kids keep me pretty busy most of the time, so when I get a spare moment, I like to read, blog and scrapbook. I attended college and received my Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. At college, I met my husband in a karate class of all places and we have been married for 12 years. After putting my husband through college by working full time graveyard shifts as a nurse, I have gone on hiatus to be a stay-at-home Mom and enjoy spending time with the kids.
2 comments:
Poor Daniel. Wish I was there to kiss it better, but that might actually hurt. Love y'all!
It always breaks my heart to see one of my kids get hurt.
It is so nice to see your stacation. What a great idea! Visiting the temple, sledding, and bowling all look so fun. I am glad that you created memories. Much better than taking trips!
Post a Comment