"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hair and Tiredness

This last week Matthew brought home a permission slip for me to sign to let a trade school perform haircuts for the whole school--Matthew included. Seeing as I am always up for freebies--and really how bad can you screw up a buzz cut?--I signed it and sent it back. I hate doing haircuts so this was great. This bought me some time between the boys' haircuts because Matthew's hair is the worst offender when it comes to uncontrolled sticking up as it grows longer. Now that Matthew's hair is taken care of the rest can wait a little longer before their next haircut. Here's Matthew's new hair (or lack of hair): I told them short, but I didn't mean cancer patient short. Oh well, I guess I won't have to comb it for a while--YAY for me!
As for Sarah she has been on strike from letting me comb her hair for a while. I finally had enough of her pulling out the simple 5 second do's she would allow me to do. I decided to stick her in her high chair with food thinking it would keep her preoccupied while I tried to do something a little more substantial. When I finished Daniel came over and told me he didn't like her hair do. I asked why and he told me because it looks like sprinklers. I always love the positive feedback I get from my kids...If it looks like sprinklers now maybe it will look like sparklers for the 4th of July in 6 months. Hey, I am just trying to stay positive here.
In other happenings Daniel has been complaining he doesn't like his bed. He has given me all kinds of excuses--it's too cold, it's not comfortable, etc. I finally got down to the heart of the problem. I guess the bed was too big and Daniel was too lonely. Daniel somehow persuaded Josh to share a bed with him. Why Josh gave up his own cozy bed I don't know. Here's what I found the other night as I was checking on them before I went to bed: Maybe this might help with Daniel's nighttime wanderings or maybe not. They are both crazy sleepers so I don't know how it worked out for them. Maybe that could explain the next day orneriness from both.

1 comment:

KiLee said...

So, I love Sarah's hair do - that is so cute! Kita is always fighting about getting her hair combed out. I just got her chopped so I wouldn't have to fight so much anymore.