"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Failed Experiment

Yesterday morning we only had 5 minutes before we (Josh, Daniel, Sarah and the neighbor kid) HAD to leave for school to make sure the kids were on time. I was trying to get Sarah dressed and her hair done and wasn't paying too much attention to what Daniel and Josh were doing. Josh decided he wanted to try an experiment. He wanted to see what the Nesquik powder container (that has a clear lid that doesn't fit very well) looked like upside down. Now that's a good thought in theory, but I am still waiting to see what it looks like too because when he turned it upside down to look the lid came off pouring powder all over ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Now this container of Nesquik had just been opened so it was almost completely full--meaning there was more powder to get spread all over the kitchen. I had to get Daniel out of the way since the Nesquik is loaded with milk products and frantically tried to clean it up while Josh had to go and find new clothes to wear since his were covered with pink powder all over. Did I mention he did this only 5 minutes we were supposed to LEAVE for school? The kids were still late for school, but it got cleaned up and Daniel didn't go into anaphylactic shock--so two pluses in my book. Now I will be keeping a closer look on Josh's "experiments" from now on. Here's a picture of the next fresh container of Nesquik with the clear lid that I had to open since our last one...well, is now empty. I am praying Josh learned his lesson and doesn't try it again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, man! Why does that always happen minutes before having to leave??? I'm sorry, but I'm glad it turned out okay. Oh, and I like your new car!