"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Friday, January 1, 2010

Staycation Day #2

Yesterday was day #2 and we decided to take the kids sledding. Last time we went the kids had so much fun and we thought that would be the same yesterday as well. We were sorely mistaken. Sarah started screaming and didn't stop from the time we got her out of the car to the time we walked through the door at home after everything was done. I guess that set the mood for everyone else since all they wanted to do was scream and cry too with the exception of Matthew who actually seemed to enjoy himself. Good thing we didn't go too far from home because the park by our house has a huge grass amphitheater which makes for a fun sledding hill that's big enough but not too big for little kids. I even tried a few runs with the kids, but my belly is getting big enough that I really don't fit on the sled very well anymore. We were only there for maybe 30 minutes until Aaron and I couldn't take the whining and crying anymore so we came home. The pictures don't even come close to showing all the whining and crying they were doing.
Later on that night we spent New Year's Eve at a friend's house. The kids didn't stay awake until midnight which surprised me. Matthew went to sleep first since he is Mr. Routine and had to go to bed at 7pm--good thing we brought a sleeping bag and pillow for him just in case. Josh and Daniel ended up finding some blankets and pillows from our host's house and falling asleep on the floor. Josh and Daniel lasted the longest not falling asleep until about 11pm. Sarah stayed up with the rest of us until midnight and amazingly was happy for the most part. After midnight we brought the kids home and put them to bed. Aaron and I were still awake and we thought the kids would sleep in the next morning we stayed up and played the Wii for a little while. I was wrong about the kids sleeping in the next morning. I was awakened by Josh turning on all the lights so he could eat breakfast at 7am. I came downstairs and found Josh had woken up Daniel, but Daniel just came upstairs with his blanket and curled back up and fell back asleep on the couch. I picked him up and tried to take him back to bed, but he loudly protested that he was not tired--um, right. Matthew got up about that time too as well as Sarah. It looks like we will have a bunch of Chuckles--aka ornery kids--today so we will have to play today by ear and see how much we will be able to do before we can't handle the whining and crying anymore. I can forsee some quiet time in our futures today;). HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Wow it's already 2010. I think that's pretty crazy!

No comments: