Here is some footage of the little movements Noah made--it is hard to believe he was just doing this inside my tummy less than a week ago!
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Noah Unmasked
I went to visit Noah this morning to find he had been weaned off the ventilator through the night. YAY! He looks so much better without so many tubes in his mouth. So now the next biggest hurdle for him will be getting the chest tube out and we are hoping that will be sooner than later. Let me just say I love this NICU! They let me be so hands on and I love it. Daniel and Matthew were also NICU babies, but they were at different hospitals where their policy is look but don't touch. So when I went to see Noah they encourage me to touch him and talk to him and it is nice. It is hard enough to have baby in NICU let alone not be able to touch him. Anyway, he is doing great. He is starting to get a little jaundiced (yellow), but they are keeping and eye on him. They may need to start the phototherapy lights tomorrow, but that's not that big of a deal. They are increasing his feedings through the tube, slowly working up to what a normal baby would eat. So me and my breast pump are getting to know each other really well--let's just say I feel a little like a cow in more ways than one, too. I am having a harder time recovering from a C-section. I have a dream one day that I will be able to walk upright at some point, but as for now it's just slow and steady. Sneezing, laughing and coughing are torturous, but are getting a little easier every day. Amazingly enough my liver enzymes are almost back to normal. It is so crazy for pregnancy to get me so sick and for me to recover (liver wise) so fast after delivery. I can honestly say I don't know if I could physically survive another pregnancy so this one will be the last. I have mixed feelings about this, not that I could handle any more kids, but it is for the best. We have found out that Noah likes to suck his thumb, so that will be my third thumb sucker. Anyway here are some pictures of my sweet baby from our visit this morning and one even shows him trying to find his thumb:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
What a sweet little guy. He is so cute! I hope he continues to improve and that you also get feeling better. Having had 3 C-sections...it is hard at first, but in a couple of weeks you will be doing great!
I'm so glad he is doing better. He is so tiny!! I'm glad they are letting you be hands on. When my brother's twins were in the nicu at Davis they didn't want them to be touched at all.. and I thought it was CRAZY! How can babies grow better not being touched, when they've been growing in your belly in warmth, hearing your voice and feeling your touch?! I don't get it. So I'm glad Mckay is different! Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon!
Yay for being off the ventilator! I also loved that NICU, they were fabulous! He is so darling. I hope you feel better and that he continues to improve.
This post brings back memories. Four of mine were NICU babies and looked so tiny with all the wires and such. It was so exciting when they were off CPAP and we could hold them and even change a diaper or give them a bath. After being on bed rest, I had a hard time recovering from the C-section too. I never thought I would walk normal again. He is a cute baby and hopefully the best baby. My youngest was the best baby ever, and I think it's cause the Lord knew with four older siblings we needed it. Hang in there, he'll be home before you know it.
Woohoo! I'm so happy that Noah is continuing to progress! Baby steps, right? We're excited to meet him, and sending our love your way!
Love the video - that is just so sweet. What a cute little guy! I hope everything keeps going well for you guys and that Noah gets to go home soon!
Post a Comment