Well, the perinatologist said that if any of Rebecca's liver tests come back worse, or if her side hurts more, or if she develops a big headache, that they will go ahead and induce. Well, Rebecca woke up this morning feeling crappier than ever with a huge side pain (worse than before) and a monster headache. These are signs that things may be going south. I had gone to work, because I thought that nothing was happening today (see previous post). At about 1:30, I got a call from Becca saying they were inducing her. When I got to the hospital, she was in the Labor and Delivery area. When the nurse checked to see how far Becca was dilated before inducing, she noticed that she could not feel the baby's head down. They got the ultrasound out and found out that the baby was breech with his head under Becca's ribs. The doctor said that with Rebecca's liver inflamed as it was, it wouldn't be a good idea to turn the baby, so we went in for a C-Section. Rebecca was scared, but she did a good job. When we got into the operating room, we looked over to the transition area where the baby between the OR and the NICU and saw a familiar face. The NICU nurse was a lady from our ward at Church, so that was a blessing. When "baby boy" came out, he came out screaming. He is still needing help breathing with the ventilator, but he is bigger than most 33 1/2 week babies and the neonatologist (premie doctor) said his lungs sounded good overall. He ended up needed to be intubated and got a treatment of Surfactant to help his tiny lungs. He is 4 pounds 15 ounces and 18 inches long. He is definitely a cutie in my non-biased opinion. We have been blessed that everything has gone relatively good so far and want to thank everyone who has helped us. These last few weeks have been a challenge in our family, but we have the greatest friends and family anyone could ask for. Thank you to everyone who has offered babysitting services (especially my sister who flew 1200 miles to help us out), meals, and most especially prayers for our family. We truly feel blessed. Here are some pictures of the new tyke! He has yet to be named.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What a handsome little guy. We are glad he is here and you are doing well.
Congrats! He's adorable!!
He definitely looks like his brothers & sister! I hope everything goes well and you both get to go home soon. I had to do a c-section with Ryker & my recovery was actually easier than it'd been after Kita's natural birth - until I got pneumonia! Breath deep!
He's beautiful Becca. Congratulations. Hope all continues to go well and you both get to come home soon.
Congratulations Aaron and Rebecca! Wow he is a cutie! We will continue to pray for your family. I hope things start to settle down for you all.
What else would you expect from a Mancil but a cutie - and he is that!!!!
Love ya and still praying for ya!
*funny side note - my word was grampa...
He really does look absolutely great! Good job Mom and Dad. There is nothing sweeter.
Congratulations!!! I pray he gets off the ventilator soon, and that Rebecca continues to heal.
Post a Comment