"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Josh's Stardom

Today at Josh's elementary school they were spotlighted by the local news station for being a "Cool School". They got to show all the neat and educational things they do at the school. In order for the kids to participate in the news broadcast they had to be at the school by 6am. Of course Josh wanted to do it. He told me he wanted to be a star. Last night he was so excited to be able to set his alarm to get up so early. I also set my alarm, but a few minutes later than Josh's because all the kids' clocks are set slow or so I thought. I was startled awake by Josh standing over me. Aaron had set the kids clocks for the right time and didn't let me know. Anyway, he got dressed and ready to go this morning with no help from me because he was so excited. I asked him if he wanted me to comb his hair. He thought about it and finally decided I better comb it since he was going to be on TV. I was surprised to see that he actually made one of the segments. It is a math portion about even and odd numbers that the second grade did. In the first and second clip in the even numbers song he is behind the #1 sign on the back row. (Blogger would only let me add clips in thirty second increments so there are four videos total.) On the third and fourth clip on the even number song he got to hold the #4 sign and hammed it up pretty well. He even said, "Hi, Mom!!" He will be so excited to see he actually made it on TV. He's pretty funny! And yes I am recording this with the camera sitting in front of the TV so there is some background noise from Sarah and Daniel who are playing together.

1 comment:

Jeff n Jill said...

I need his autograph so I can say I knew him when....

Very awesome sign holding!