Later on I had an appointment with the school nurse to draw up a health plan for Daniel's preschool since he has the food allergies. She came by this afternoon and I have to have the doctor sign some paperwork and then I have to write down the instructions step by step on what the teacher should do in case of a reaction. I am still scared to death to send him to school, but he needs to go. I just need to make him understand how important it is for him NOT to eat anything at the school. Hopefully, we won't have any issues this year. I am going to be crossing my fingers while I am sending the Benadryl and Epi-Pen with him to school!!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Giggles and Mass Pandemonium
Noah started giggling last night. However, as soon as I grabbed the camera he stopped so I just have a picture of his big smile.
Sarah has found her own "pretty". I made her a bracelet and put it on her wrist. The only way she would leave it alone and not try to pull it off is if I called it her "pretty" and told her it made her so pretty. I guess she wanted her own "pretty" and found this hideous blue rubber band she insists on wearing. You can see it on her wrist in the picture. We are going on day #3 and she throws an absolute tantrum if I even attempt to take it off her wrist. She now has a "pretty" for both wrists now--even though one is absolutely ugly!!
Aaron and I have been evaluating Aaron's life insurance coverage through his work. It is expensive and does not pay too much so we have been looking around for some different plans. In order for them to consider covering anyone, you have to get a check-up done. Since Aaron was the one getting the check-up I had him schedule his own appointment with the nurse to come to our house because he knows his schedule a lot better than I do. They also recommended being in calm, relaxing environment for the check up. That is because they have to check your blood pressure and if everything is calm and quiet the blood pressure tends to be lower which is what you want. He scheduled the appointment three weeks ago for this morning. He unfortunately, did not write down a time for it. He asked he yesterday what time his appointment was for. I told him I had no idea, but vaguely remember him telling me 9am--possibly. He vaguely remembered it being at 8 am. Well this morning I got up and got the kids' breakfast going and hopped in the shower. I was surprised when I saw Aaron come home at 7:45am. Since Aaron was home I didn't rush through my shower. I got out just in time to hear Aaron yell, "Matthew, your bus is here!!" Then I heard Matthew scream because he didn't know where his shoes were. His bus came 15 minutes early this morning and we were not ready for that! Aaron opened the front door to signal to the bus driver that we weren't quite ready and to wait. Matthew just froze up screaming because he couldn't find his shoes. Now if you know Matthew, you know he has a hard time finding stuff. If you put his shoe in an empty room devoid of any furniture, toys or anything he would still have a hard time finding it. A few seconds later he went into full meltdown mode while Aaron was looking for his shoes and I am sure all our neighbors heard because our front door was left open. About this time Daniel was teasing Sarah and got her good and screaming, too. Noah was hungry and he was screaming as well. I was trying to get dressed as fast as I could so I could help out when Daniel came and told me someone was here. About that time I heard the doorbell above all the screaming. I guess I was wrong and the appointment was really at 8 am--oops. I was finishing pulling on whatever clothes I could find and Aaron was still trying to get Matthew's shoes on and get him out the door while he and everyone else continued to scream. Aaron didn't notice the nurse standing in the doorway until she had been there a few minutes. She got to experience the mass pandemonium craziness of a school morning along side us this morning. So much for a nice, relaxing environment for a low blood pressure reading. In talking with the nurse she let us know she didn't have any kids so I am sure it was even more crazy for her this morning. I am a little embarrassed, but hopefully we won't ever see her again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was proud of Daniel when he was here. He knew what he could eat and not eat. Glad Noah is adding a little sound to the group.
I love baby giggles - I hope you get some video soon!
I'm so glad you blog! You have such an adventurous life! :) Good luck with the life insurance search...hopefully the crazy morning didn't cause any big problems with that!
Post a Comment