"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Underwater World and Saucy!

I had the good fortune of getting about 4-5 bushel of tomatoes from neighbors and my brother this weekend. You had thought I had hit the jackpot I was so excited. We had been completely out of homemade spaghetti sauce for a few months and I just HATE buying it from the store when I know I can make my own. Anyway, Aaron and I started the spaghetti sauce marathon yesterday afternoon. After about 8 hours and multiple trips to the grocery store for supplies we ended up with 76 quart bottles of spaghetti sauce. I think we will be set for sauce for the next little while!! The picture only shows a few of the bottles. We still have a few more to process (pressure cook) before we can be completely done. We got everything cleaned up and got to bed about 2:15 am this morning. Tomatoes splatter everywhere!! I thought I got everything cleaned up last night only to wake up this morning to find more splatters this morning. Oh well, it was worth it today to have lasagna made with fresh sauce--YUM!!While we were in Texas at Aunt Jill's pool we bought an underwater disposable camera. We finally got around to developing the pictures yesterday so here goes:

I tried to get a shot of Aaron jumping into the pool, but as you can see you can't tell what it is:Josh being silly:Matthew hated having water go in his nose, but at least he finally was able to go underwater by the end of the week.All three boys swimming:Aaron insisted on getting a shot of me: I absolutely hate water in my nose--Matthew must have picked that up from me.All four kids sticking their faces in the water on the suntanning deck.Daniel showing off his sweet swimming skills:Sarah is quite the little fish who is absolutely NOT afraid of water in any way. She loved putting her head underwater all the time.Matthew diving for toys on the bottom of the pool:Sarah looking at me underwater:
We had lots of fun.

2 comments:

Jeff n Jill said...

cool pics! The camera took some great pictures! I caught myself holding my breath while I looked at them! :)

KiLee said...

Those were awesome underwater pics!
Also, that is a ton of spaghetti sauce!!! I'm so impressed that you make your own - way to go!