We came back home from our vacation and hit the ground running. Josh and Daniel started up soccer. Daniel has soccer every Tues/Thurs and Josh has soccer every Wed/Fri. Then Matthew and Josh have piano lessons every Monday. That way I definitely know we have something to go to every day of the week. Anyway, we missed Daniel's first practice since that was the day we were driving home. Josh went to his first practice Wednesday night. Of course every team needs some comedic relief and Josh stepped up to that challenge. Hey at least he's having fun. Unfortunately he was the trend setter and whatever silly thing he did the other kids started mimicking him. It frustrated the coach a little, but you have to remember they are a bunch of 7 year old kids. He is just trying to make sure everyone has fun I guess. At least he is having fun and thankfully it is somewhat of a relaxed atmosphere so no one is too stressed out about it. Here's an action shot--he did actually play soccer amongst the goofing off. He is the one wearing the white T-shirt and red shorts.

Daniel started soccer the following night. One of Daniel's old playgroupers, Charli, is on his team. Her dad is their coach. Daniel is the shrimp on the team, but he makes up for it in spunk. He and Charli goofed off together. Charli would rub his head and pick him up and hold him--ah young love. Daniel insists she isn't his girlfriend, but I don't know if Charli would agree.

Noah is 4 months old if you can believe it. He had his well child check-up and he's looking great. He weighs in at 12 pounds 12 ounces (in the 10th percentile) is 24.5 inches long (25th percentile) and his head circumference is 41.2 cm (75th percentile). The percentiles are not adjusted for he prematurity either so he is doing pretty great. We definitely know he belongs to us because all of our kids have big heads. He is still behind in what a four month old should be doing, but the doctor told me they can take his prematurity into account up until he turns two years old so not to worry about it. I am delaying his immunizations until he gets a little older just to be on the safe side of things. He still is somewhat of a pukester, barfer, or whatever you want to call it--it is definitely more than just spit up when he
spits up, but we just make sure we have a burp
blanket around to clean up his mess. He's a pretty happy go lucky baby and I am thankful for that!!

Matthew had his back to school night last night. He will have the same teacher and school as he had last year so not too much has changed for him. I still can't believe he is starting the 4th grade!! I must admit I am getting excited for school to start again. We have had a crazy summer and it will be nice to get into a definite routine around here!
Kids can say the funniest things. Josh went to pick up the mail for me yesterday. He sometimes will pick up the mail without me knowing about it, but not bring it inside. I can sometimes find it laying scattered around the backyard--grrrr. Anyway he saw the mailman come by, but we didn't get any mail. He came running inside and yelled, "Mom! Mom! Did you forget to order the mail?" I asked him what he meant and he told me we didn't get any mail so I must have forgotten to order some. I wish that's how mail worked--I would not ever order any of the bills so I wouldn't have to pay them.
Another funny thing is while we were down visiting Jill and Jeff in Texas, Jill's mother-in-law, Cami, came to stay with them as well. Cami had her ears talked off by Matthew, but she was pretty patient and answered his many repetitive questions over and over again. However, she did start talking to Josh. She asked Josh if he had any girlfriends. He told her he had 25. She then asked him what made them his girlfriends. He said, "Because they kiss me." She then said, "Oh, well, who is the best kisser then?" He thought about it and then said, "Uh, I am!"
No comments:
Post a Comment