"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The County Fair and I Can't Believe My Kid Just Did That!!

This morning G&G T visited Sarah to celebrate her birthday. She got these really cute red sparkly shoes and she likes them. They go great with her red purse and princess dress. Have I mentioned how much I love having a girl? Anyway, later today we went to the county fair. I was sad because we didn't make it back in time from our vacation for me to enter any of my canned pears, jam, peaches and tomatoes from last year. Oh well maybe next year. We went this afternoon to take a look around. In one area the kids got to hold a tarantula, scorpion, pet a snake a huge turtle and a huge lizard. Matthew and Josh thought it was fantastic--Sarah and Daniel not so much. They also had a petting zoo. Sarah was a little hesitant at first, but once she saw her brothers dive in she tried it out. She was still hesitant, but at least she attempted petting some of the animals. All the kids got a chance to ride some ponies they had there. The three boys loved it, Sarah had an absolute meltdown once the horse started walking. I finally had to skip our turn because Sarah would have nothing to do with the horse in any way.
It was sweltering hot (not as bad as Texas, however) and by the time we left, we were all worn out, hungry and thirsty. Not wanting to come home and cook dinner we took the easy way out and headed over to McDonald's. A bonus of going there Daniel can eat their nuggets because there is no dairy or eggs in them. We purposely chose one with a play land. I hate the kids going to play lands because I don't think they are that clean; however, by going to a play land Aaron and I can actually carry on an adult conversation without getting interrupted every 5 seconds by the kids because they are out playing. We walked in and Aaron went over to order while I went back to the play land to sit down and keep an eye on the kids while they were playing. Aaron had just brought over our food and I was setting it out for everyone to eat. Once the kids saw their food was ready they all headed down to come eat--except for Sarah. I sent Josh up to get her when I hear him practically scream so everyone in the whole restaurant could hear, "EWWWEEEE! SHE'S A STINKY GIRL!!" Being the little stinker she is when she saw Josh coming to get her she ran up to the highest part of the play land. In order to get down faster Josh sent her down the slide. Unfortunately, her diaper was so full the contents leaked out and got smeared all down the slide. OH HOW DISGUSTING!! When she got down I grabbed her and brought her over to the table so I could grab Noah and we could leave. That's when she saw her nuggets laid out ready to eat and once she saw that she didn't want to go. She threw a huge tantrum all the way out to the car. It was sure fun trying to carry Noah and his car seat while fighting/dragging Sarah out of the restaurant. I got to the car and changed her diaper while Aaron gathered up all the uneaten food to bring it home. So much for some uninterrupted adult conversation. Oh yes all the kids in the play land went and told the McDonald's employee what had happened in the slide. They then sent this little old lady employee to crawl up into the play land and clean everything up. I am so humiliated!! I don't know if I can ever show my face there again. REALLY?!?! I can't believe my kid just did that!!

2 comments:

The Crandall Clan said...

Hahahaha!!! I LOVE reading your blog Becca. They make me smile every time. :)

Jeff n Jill said...

I am sure everyone in clinton is on pins & needles to know which playland Sarah christened so they know to avoid! lol...I guess all they really have to do is go on a "playdate" with you to McDonalds & see which one you avoid! :)