"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rollin', Piano Lessons and Barber Shop

In Matthew's mouth there has been a permanent tooth trying to grow in, but his baby tooth is still in the way. His baby tooth has been really loose for a while, but I cannot stand teeth in any way so I never helped Matthew wiggle it in order to get it out. Aaron finally took matters into his own hands. Matthew asked Aaron for some help and he willingly laid in Aaron's lap while Aaron worked the tooth over. He finally got it out and Matthew was so excited! He came running upstairs to show me. He was so excited he seemed to be oblivious to the dripping blood coming out of his mouth. Luckily, the Tooth Fairy just happened to have some spare money laying around to cover the cost after Matthew fell asleep. Monday Josh and Matthew also started up piano lessons again. Their old teacher moved away to college and stopped lessons around the beginning of the summer. I found someone else close by who was willing to take them both on. The new teacher is ultra organized so hopefully the boys will continue to learn. Monday afternoon before piano lessons started Josh and Daniel were playing over at our neighbors house. I found out after seeing Josh and Daniel come home they were playing barber shop. Josh and Daniel let their friend cut their hair to their scalps in different spots all over their head. Thank goodness their hair is already so short because it doesn't show up too much. You can see just a few of the bald spots in Daniel's by looking at the picture. Josh got the brunt of the barber's scissors, though.I asked them why they let her do that and they said it's because she asked them too. It appears we need to have a talk about choosing the right and not what our friends tell us to do.

Monday night I went out walking with a friend. When I got back home Aaron told me Noah had rolled over. Aaron missed seeing him do it as well, he just heard his cries get muffled all of a sudden. He then looked over to see him on his tummy extremely upset. Yay for Noah! He kept flipping over to his tummy yesterday, too. He would get pretty upset because he does not like being on his tummy, but he is getting good at mastering his new found skill. The developmental nurse came out to check up on him yesterday. He decided to sleep the whole visit so she just asked me questions about him. He is doing great for being born almost two months early. The nurse will be making a return visit in two months to see check up on him again.
Yesterday Josh wanted to ride his bike to school. I was a little nervous about this since he is not too steady on his bike and he doesn't ever watch for cars. However, his friends were riding their bikes and he really wanted to ride his. I finally agreed to it hoping everything would be ok. He returned after school and did just great. I guess I can be a little too overprotective at times.
My kids switch back and forth between poptarts and cereal for breakfast. We were running low on poptarts so I went to the store to pick some up. Always looking for a bargain I saw that the high fiber poptarts were cheaper than the regular ones. You know you always hear about how everyone needs to eat more fiber so I made the choice to be more healthy (if you can call poptarts healthy) and to save money. Holy cow I found out the hard way that whatever money I saved on buying to high fiber poptarts I have made up for in buying extra diapers, wipes and toilet paper. Sarah seems to be the hardest hit by this high fiber decision--poor thing! Unfortunately, we still have quite a few high fiber poptart boxes left so I am up for any extra coupons for diapers, wipes and toilet paper if you can spare a few. I don't think I will make that choice again. PEEE-EWWE!!
Sarah has been keeping herself entertained by playing with Noah's toys since Daniel is usually playing outside. She likes to pull off all his toys and then leave it to play with something else. Poor Noah!Josh was reading a child magazine the other night for some light bedtime reading--he's pretty funny. While reading he came across this recipe and insisted we have it for dinner the next day. Trying to encourage his continued reading I obliged him. I followed Josh's instructions and we had bagel and english muffin pizza. I had lots of help from Sarah in addition to Josh. Unfortunately, the only bagels I could find that were Daniel friendly were once again--high fiber. Bring on the toilet paper!!

No comments: