"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Butterfly House and a Floatie-otomy

Yesterday for lunch we went to one of the local restaurants that is a Mancil family favorite El Fenix. After enjoying a yummy lunch there we headed out to the afternoon activities. Before we left we picked up a museum pass in Utah. It is part of this museum passport program that lets you get into museums around the World for free. We tried it out yesterday at one of the local museums here in Dallas. I really wanted to go this museum because they had a butterfly house where they had a bunch of local butterflies you could see close up and even have them land on you. I thought the kids would love that. When we got there it wasn't as big as I thought it would be, but we still got to see the butterflies close up and gently catch a few of them. Here's all of their chrysalis' hanging waiting for them to "hatch"?After the butterfly house we went inside to look at the other displays. They had a bunch of the Ice Age animatronics replicas. The moving animals scared Daniel quite a bit so we didn't spend too much time in there. Noah decided he was hungry about this time so we found the sand pile with all the hidden items inside it. The kids pretended to be archaeologists and dug for bones, sea shells, etc. while I sat and fed Noah.
This morning Aaron let me sleep in and took the kids out to the pool to swim. Aaron was in the pool with them and decided to be funny. He tried to jump off the jumping ledge into one of the ring floaties. He jumped in it and hit it dead center. However, once he got inside it he couldn't get it off. After trying for a while to slip out of it he couldn't get it off. I ended up doing a floatie-otomoy with some scissors. We now owe Jill a new floatie--grrrr.I need some scissors STAT!! And yes I am still in my pajamas.

No comments: