"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Consider Our Territory Marked and the "Not Me" Ghost Pays a Visit

We finally brought out the high chair for Noah so he can enjoy dinner with the family, too. He still can't sit up all the way so we stuffed a blanket behind him to prop him up and he loved it. He was all smiles during dinner.
Sarah, as always, loves to use me--either my shirt or my hair as her personal napkin during dinner. It was exceptionally bad today! I had to change shirts after dinner because I had lasagna smeared all over it after dinner. Here's Sarah wiping her hands off on my shoulder.Sarah has found a new use for deodorant other than lip balm--she uses it on her tummy. I guess she won't be having any body odor around that part.
The "Not Me" Ghost paid us another visit. During quiet time today someone found a blue marker and colored all over the carpet. Of course no one knows who did it so it must have been the "Not Me" Ghost. I guess I will do some carpet cleaning this week.

For quiet time today I went to lay Sarah down in her crib. It was really hot in her room so I just laid her down in her diaper. That was a huge mistake. A little while later Daniel came downstairs and told Aaron that Sarah peed in her bed. Aaron went upstairs to find a diaperless Sarah that had, in fact, "marked her territory" all over her crib bedding, pillow and blankets. Lucky for me I was in the middle of my Sunday nap so Aaron was kind enough to take care of it for me.

Sarah also kept us entertained at Sacrament meeting today. Aaron was asked to say the closing prayer which meant there was no leaving early. We had to tough it out today and endure until the end. When it was time for him to go up I had Daniel and Sarah sitting in my lap while Aaron was holding Noah. I had to push Sarah and Daniel off my lap to grab Noah. This left Sarah just out of my reach and free as a bird. Aaron got up to the pulpit and started saying the prayer when Sarah took off. She ran all the way up to the pulpit and grabbed Aaron around his leg right in the middle of his prayer. I just watched helplessly because I couldn't do anything about it. Aaron was pretty good about it. He only paused a little bit while he figured out what was grabbing on to his leg and continued on with his prayer--making it a little shorter than what he probably would have done otherwise. Hey, at least we made it all the way through sacrament meeting!!

No comments: