Wow, Daniel turned 5 years old yesterday. I can't believe how fast these last five years have gone!! To celebrate we had a friend birthday party for him at the park. There were 15 kids around to celebrate--yes it was pretty crazy. We played pin the tail on the donkey, red rover, duck duck goose, and had some potato sack races. We then decorated cone cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday to Daniel. He loved it. Here's some pictures from his party: We decorated the pavilion with streamers and balloons:

Here's everyone waiting their turn at pin the tail on the donkey:

Here's everyone decorating their cupcake cones:

Here's Daniel blowing out his pretend candle--we accidentally left the lighter and matches at home.

Daniel wanted a Halloween cake so I tried my best:

Of course I had lots of help in decorating the cake. Sarah and Daniel were watching me decorate it. I turned my back for a minute and when I turned back around Sarah had decided to take a taste of the frosting by sticking her whole face on the top of the freshly frosted cake.

Then when I was finished and started cleaning up, she grabbed the frosting container and a spoon and started shoveling it in to her mouth and in to Daniel's before I took it away. That little girl is trouble!!

Earlier that day he got to go to pre school where he got to be the special boy for the day and share a special snack. He ended up bringing little packs of oreos because believe it or not they don't contain any eggs, nuts, or milk/dairy. Looking at the ingredients they don't even seem to have anything natural in them for him to be allergic too. Anyway, at school he got to wear a birthday badge and birthday crown and he loved that, too. Here's his birthday interview:
Favorite color: Orange
Favorite Food: Chicken Nuggets, meatballs
Favorite TV show: Tom and Jerry
Favorite Book: Any
Favorite Activities: Play Wii, ride scooter, watch TV, playing with friends
Favorite Drink: Orange Juice and Soy milk
Favorite Candy: Suckers, skittles, starbursts
What he wants to be when he grows up: A golfer (where he got this I have no idea!)
Favorite Game: Lego Batman on the Wii
Favorite Toy: Bouncy Ball







He had a rough start as a preemie with a two week stay in the NICU and at home oxygen with apnea monitor for about 6 weeks. He went on to have a broken femur, broken collar bone, multiple trips to the emergency room for anaphylaxis and asthma, and a week long hospital stay in the hospital for RSV-- he still remains a happy, energetic, and very charismatic child who brings a lot of comic relief in our family. We love him and are very thankful he is part of our family!! Happy 5th birthday, dude!!
4 comments:
So thankful that he is a part of our family. Glad that he found another cookie to eat.
Love you Daniel! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday to Daniel! Hope it was a great one!
Happy Birthday Daniel!!! Can you believe Daniel and Alyssa are 5??? Crazy! Time flies!!
Post a Comment