"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Noah Gets a Taste of Real Food and Sarah Strikes....AGAIN, AGAIN and AGAIN!!

We finally started Noah on rice cereal tonight. We have been waiting because if you start food too soon you have a higher chance of developing food allergies. You can start babies anywhere from 4-6 months of age on rice cereal. I was waiting until he was 6 months, but with his prematurity taken into account we decided to wait just a little longer. He didn't seem to care for it too much, but I am sure he'll come around-he's one of our Mancil "boys" so by definition he has to help eat us out of house and home with the rest of his brothers. Here's the before: Here's the first taste:Here's a video of what he thinks about it:

As for Sarah, wow, what a mischievous little girl!! While our backs were turned feeding Noah she crawled up on the counter and got a hold of Noah's box of rice cereal. She must have thought it was good because she tried to take a swig of it. She ended up dumping it out everywhere!You can see her rice cereal mustache:Then this morning Daniel decided he wanted to color some pictures. I was of course downstairs feeding Noah when Sarah went to go join Daniel. Sarah got a hold of the markers and went to town on some paper, on herself, on her pajamas and on my table. I got to find out that washable markers aren't as washable off of some surfaces--like my dining table. I scrubbed and got most of it off, but if you look you can see faint blue scribbles on the wood. She also found my highlighter tape and thought they were some nice stickers to stick all over her face, pajamas and table. Afterward I found her taking her sippy for a walk in her stroller. She even strapped it in and everything. I would say she is going to be a good mom, but....... it's a sippy and not a doll.Then this afternoon Aaron and I were busy helping Josh, Daniel and Matthew with their homework. Sarah seized the opportunity and snuck up into my bathroom. She drew herself a bath in my sink and let the water overflow all over the counter and floor while she ate my chapstick. REALLY?!? As for right now, Aaron laid her down in her crib about five minutes ago. As you can see, she evidentally has now figured out how the crawl out of her crib by herself--that's pretty scary. She has also decided to get into the wipes to clean off my shelves. What a busy little girl!!!

No comments: